• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Moose and Squirrel

DanaTA

Distinguished
I don't model animals, hairstyles, figures, or clothing just for the fun of it. Everything I model is meant to see the light of day. Just hard to say when they can be dug out of the mines and brought up to the surface where they look pretty and shiny.

I didn't mean to imply that you do. Sorry. It's just that it was so long since the last post, I thought maybe there was a reason for leaving it.

Dana

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
I didn't mean to imply that you do. Sorry. It's just that it was so long since the last post, I thought maybe there was a reason for leaving it.

Dana

No worries. We appreciate your interest. I think this Moose will look fantastic! There are more morphs we can do, but for now I need to UV the antlers and go from there.

Right now I'm spending all efforts on our Dawn 2.0 and working in time to finished our Tiger too.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Gee, I haven't been able to make anything for Dawn, and now there's going to be a new version. Will it be able to use clothing, poses and props made for the current version?

Dana

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Based on the previous versions of Dawn (original, SR2, and SE), I would be surprised if Dawn 2.0 was not backwards compatible and clothing, poses, and props created for the earlier versions (and current SE) did not work with Dawn 2.0.

HiveWire has been good at retaining backwards compatibility with the newer versions. But, I'm just guessing here!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I would think, and certainly hope, your "guess" is correct Satira. I really can't imagine them changing their methods at this point.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Based on the previous versions of Dawn (original, SR2, and SE), I would be surprised if Dawn 2.0 was not backwards compatible and clothing, poses, and props created for the earlier versions (and current SE) did not work with Dawn 2.0.

HiveWire has been good at retaining backwards compatibility with the newer versions. But, I'm just guessing here!

We'll be cutting up the mesh and optimizing her. We will preserve a Dawn SE shape but present a new shape from top to bottom with Dawn 2.0

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Is new tech going into her as well Chris or will this just basically be a new shape for Dawn?

Yes on new tech. Improved mesh, updated rig, updated maps, an additional UV layout, and optimized for DS and Poser.

We'll start a new WIP thread in a couple weeks when I have something worth showing. We can go into more detail there. Folks can chime in to their hearts content.

Right now I'm combining one huge UBER scene in Modo that has all our HiveWire figures on. So that when I'm reworking topology it will cross over to affect all HiveWire figures and characters.

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
LOL (If you want info about Dawn 2.0, look in the Moose and Squirrel thread. How did that happen?)