1. We are upgrading to a 2.0 version of our forum as this 1.5 version is no longer supported. Please look at your bookmarks if you have them and note them in a text document as the import process for bookmarks may not work correctly. We will have bookmarks in the 2.0 version so you will be able to recreate whatever may be lost in the upgrade. Everything else appears to have come across fine in our initial tests. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Moose and Squirrel

Discussion in 'Show Me The Honey' started by Chris, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Miss B

Miss B Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time CV-BEE

Loving how this is developing Chris. :)

2. Chris

Chris HW3D President Co-Founder

Worked over the beard more. Feeling much better about it now.

MooseWork44.JPG

MooseWork45.JPG

MooseWork46.JPG

MooseWork47.JPG

MooseWork48.JPG

Dan30, LisaB, Pendraia and 5 others like this.
  3. Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dakorillon (IMArts) Extraordinary Contributing Artist

He looks like the start of a camel this way.

4. Harimau

Harimau Eager

Glad you like them. Here are two more species of Giant Asian Squirrels for your viewing:

1. Cream-coloured giant squirrel, Ratufa affinis

Ratufa affinis.jpg

Sandarkan subspecies, Ratufa affinis sandakaensis

Ratufa affinis sandakaensis.jpg

2. Grizzled giant squirrel, Ratufa macroura

Grizzled_Giant_Squirrel_(Ratufa_macroura).jpg

GrizzledSquirell-cauvery_wls_small.jpg

5. Miss B

I'm so used to seeing squirrels with big fluffy tails, that seeing these with such long slim tails is quite unusual. I like them for their uniqueness. :)

Chris likes this.
  6. Rowan54

Rowan54 Dragon Queen Contributing Artist

Those squirrels are pretty.

7. sapat

sapat Adventurous QAV-BEE

Ok, it's a Harry Moose....get it? Harry....Hairy....nevermind. :p

Desertsilver likes this.
  8. Miss B

:rofl:

sapat likes this.
  9. Thalek

Thalek Inspired

Ever read the late Janet Kagan's Mirabile stories? This would be good for creating the Loch Moose Monster . . .

10. Thalek

Thalek Inspired

"Starving turkey buzzards . . ." [chuckle] If there was one animal I wouldn't worry about starving, it would be a buzzard. [grin]

NapalmArsenal likes this.
  11. NapalmArsenal

NapalmArsenal Dances with Bees Contributing Artist

Well, as the saying goes where I come from.......... Why did the chicken cross the road? ............ To teach the armadillo how.......... but............. then again .... some folks say that the turkey buzzards bribed the chickens to only teach the dillos how to walk into the middle of the road when they see vehicle headlights and the roads are now littered with thousands of Armadillo corpses because of vehicular dillo slaughter....therefore turkey buzzard death rates due to starvation have been drastically reduced ........ but there is an increase in turkey buzzard hit and run incidents!

Pendraia likes this.
  12. Miss B

13. Rowan54

I have read those. We need a Loch Moose Monster
    :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

14. Rowan54

I had NOT heard that particular saying....probably because we don't have armadillos here. Or buzzards either. Just chickens. :roflmao:

NapalmArsenal likes this.
  15. Freyfaxi

Freyfaxi Adventurous

Who cares ? Dead chickens or armadillos - the buzzards aren't fussy eaters :)

NapalmArsenal and Pendraia like this.
  16. Chris

I thought this was worth putting together tonight. These are all of the non-horsey breeds of animals that are still morphs from our Harry.

There is a bunch so far. And I'm certain we can achieve many more from our Horse base.

These all need maps and rig adjustments still. Several texture maps are well underway or almost complete.

MooseWork49.JPG

MooseWork50.JPG

MooseWork53.JPG

17. Rowan54

My housemate (who is not a 3D artist) was reading this thread over my shoulder. Then he sent me the following picture (scanned from a book called "Moot Points" by J.C. Duffy)
    Demo Moose -- smaller.JPG

RAMWolff, CWRW, Dan30 and 2 others like this.
  18. Chris

Subtle tweaking. Eye's smaller and neck muscles beefed up to carry those monster antlers.

MooseWork55.JPG

MooseWork56.JPG

MooseWork57.JPG

CWRW, Ken Gilliland, Dan30 and 7 others like this.
  19. Lorraine

Lorraine The Wicked Witch of the North CV-BEE

I'm not sure if you can call a moose cute but I think he is, Chris :) And would you look at this, someone thought they'd be good down here :eek:Secret snaps reveal elusive Fiordland moose

So do we! Would you like the little blighters back?!

Jan, Stezza and Pendraia like this.
  20. Pendraia

Pendraia Seasoned Contributing Artist

No way Lorraine...finders keepers!! We have lots here also...we heard a noise on the roof the other night and we weren't sure if it was a possum or cat on the roof. Scared the life out of me!

Great work with the moose Chris but seeing all the pictures of Rocky and Bullwinkle I now want a cartoon version to play with...I wonder what dialing in the toon horse does????

Chris and Lorraine like this.