• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Moose and Squirrel

Ivory Elephant

Adventurous
I thought this was worth putting together tonight. These are all of the non-horsey breeds of animals that are still morphs from our Harry.

There is a bunch so far. And I'm certain we can achieve many more from our Horse base.

These all need maps and rig adjustments still. Several texture maps are well underway or almost complete.

View attachment 38901

View attachment 38902

View attachment 38903

Hey Chris have you thought about making a Cape Buffalo? I Have only seen a handful of them modeled and I am more than confident that if HW made one it would be the Bomb!!!!!

Attachments

• cape-buffalo-1.jpg
    cape-buffalo-1.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 304

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Hey Chris have you thought about making a Cape Buffalo? I Have only seen a handful of them modeled and I am more than confident that if HW made one it would be the Bomb!!!!!

If I can morph Harry into the Spanish Bull and Cow, I'm confident it would make a good Cape Buffalo. A Bison even for that matter.

Lot's of gazelle can be spawned too.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes indeed. A Cape Buffalo as well as a Water Buffalo would be awesome.

Cape Buffalo
upload_2018-6-28_12-1-12.png

Water Buffalo (Correction, this also is a Cape Buffalo. Thanks Harimau)
upload_2018-6-28_11-58-51.png

Even though they are distinctly different, would it be possible to create a Base Buffalo and then morphs for the African Buffalo (Cape, Forest, and Sudanese) and the Water Buffalo?

Cape Buffalo vs Water Buffalo

Last edited:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I just saw a number of photos of the Cape Buffalo when searching for Serengeti HDRis the other day.

Harimau

Eager
Yes indeed. A Cape Buffalo as well as a Water Buffalo would be awesome.

Cape Buffalo
View attachment 38990

Water Buffalo
View attachment 38989

Even though they are distinctly different, would it be possible to create a Base Buffalo and then morphs for the African Buffalo (Cape, Forest, and Sudanese) and the Water Buffalo?

Cape Buffalo vs Water Buffalo
Both of your pictures are of the Cape Buffalo.

This is a Water Buffalo:
wild-buffallo.jpg

And this is a Gaur, the biggest of them all:
gaur_whipsnade_31st_may_2014-258504.jpg

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Sorry about that.

Just goes to show you should follow links. While the bottom picture I posted stated it was a water buffalo in the google results, when I followed the link to Pinterest page, and then to the actual photo, there was no label, but the filename was simply buffalo. Another picture identified as a water buffalo, which looked pretty much like the photo I posted, was on a site that sells photos, where it was identified as a water buffalo by the photographer. /grumble.