• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Mischief and other things

Hornet3d

Wise
Just overnight in the hospital and I was about to go out of my mind!
I lay there in my bed watching other people, with IV poles all walking the halls.
As usual, I was restricted to not being allowed up without assistance, even had an alarm on the bed just in case I disobeyed.
They have on record that I am a fall risk due to vertigo and seizures.
It really gets tiresome.
But now I am home and able to get up and move about some, just that I tire so easily.
There are two more procedures that I am supposed to do, yearly ones, but they take a heavy toll on me.
So I will just slow down, work a bit at a time, rest, play and work as I can.
And now my eyes are trying o shut with sleepiness so I guess that means goodnight. :)

It is good to be home but you need to take the same care of yourself as they did for you in hospital.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Glad to hear you're home FL, and yes, do things a little bit at a time will be the best way to go until you're feeling much better.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Take good care of yourself and don't rush things, everyone will wait!

I think I would go crazy if I had to stay overnight in a hospital. I'd probably try to just sleep through it all. But, you never know these things until they actually happen to you. The beeps and other noises might keep me up. I might also find a rhythm in the beeps and noises and start a tune in my head. It happens. Always a beat or song in my head, feet tapping or knees bouncing, fingers tapping.

Dana

Hornet3d

Wise
Take good care of yourself and don't rush things, everyone will wait!

I think I would go crazy if I had to stay overnight in a hospital. I'd probably try to just sleep through it all. But, you never know these things until they actually happen to you. The beeps and other noises might keep me up. I might also find a rhythm in the beeps and noises and start a tune in my head. It happens. Always a beat or song in my head, feet tapping or knees bouncing, fingers tapping.

Dana

I have always had a morbid fear of hospitals, something I inherited from my father, but sadly I have a few ailments that have conspired to put me in hospital on numerous occasions. Sleeping for me is always difficult, the level of noise, even in the early hours of the morning, can be disturbing and generally the wards are uncomfortably hot. I guess my worse stay was in an Australian hospital I was there for ten days and as I was working out there I had no family or friends and thus no visitors. The nurses were great as were my fellow patients but it was still a hard time for me. I always feel for anyone in hospital.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I don't think the stay would bother me as much if I did not get confined to bed, allowed up only with assistance.
It is hard to understand why they do that when I make it clear I get to the bathroom, the kitchen and other rooms on my own at home.
Yes, there is always someone near if I need help and when I do need help I ask for it.
but still, at the hospitals, they confine me to that bed.

This week is still hard and still not recovered, I thought I was doing better but a slight loss of balance caused problems.
On the way to the bathroom when the loss of balance happened, gripped my rollator to keep from falling but it swayed a bit to the left.
I hit the wall and my head hit the switch for the attic fan, that switch sticks out and left a nasty bruise on my head.
But the bad worst part was twisting my back, my hip was already hurting due to an RA flare.
Seemed to be a bit better next day, daughter, her hubby and one daughter left for work early leaving older daughter here with me.
The older daughter was supposed to walk down the block to meet the 7-year-old boy after school.
But she came in and told me she had to leave before the time for the bus as she had an overnight babysitting job in another town nearby.
so I had to go meet that bus, my rollator slipped out of my grip, went down the two outside steps landing on the patio, I twisted to grab the door facing hurting my back again.
to make it even worse, I twisted my back coming back up those two steps trying to get my rollator back in the door.
So here I am barely able to walk again, so much pain!
and of course, my daughter is very angry with her older daughter.
Lately it seems if I pull ahead a few steps something slaps me back down.
It hurts too much to sit with the laptop on my lap and I do not have a good desk to let me use it while I sit in my platform rocker.
All my 3d work is, once again, on hold for a while longer. :(

Hornet3d

Wise
I don't think the stay would bother me as much if I did not get confined to bed, allowed up only with assistance.
It is hard to understand why they do that when I make it clear I get to the bathroom, the kitchen and other rooms on my own at home.
Yes, there is always someone near if I need help and when I do need help I ask for it.
but still, at the hospitals, they confine me to that bed.

This week is still hard and still not recovered, I thought I was doing better but a slight loss of balance caused problems.
On the way to the bathroom when the loss of balance happened, gripped my rollator to keep from falling but it swayed a bit to the left.
I hit the wall and my head hit the switch for the attic fan, that switch sticks out and left a nasty bruise on my head.
But the bad worst part was twisting my back, my hip was already hurting due to an RA flare.
Seemed to be a bit better next day, daughter, her hubby and one daughter left for work early leaving older daughter here with me.
The older daughter was supposed to walk down the block to meet the 7-year-old boy after school.
But she came in and told me she had to leave before the time for the bus as she had an overnight babysitting job in another town nearby.
so I had to go meet that bus, my rollator slipped out of my grip, went down the two outside steps landing on the patio, I twisted to grab the door facing hurting my back again.
to make it even worse, I twisted my back coming back up those two steps trying to get my rollator back in the door.
So here I am barely able to walk again, so much pain!
and of course, my daughter is very angry with her older daughter.
Lately it seems if I pull ahead a few steps something slaps me back down.
It hurts too much to sit with the laptop on my lap and I do not have a good desk to let me use it while I sit in my platform rocker.
All my 3d work is, once again, on hold for a while longer. :(

Shame about the 3D work being on hold but your health is the number on priority. Life does seem to gang up on us once in a while, I hope your guardian angel starts working a bit of overtime in the not too distant future.

Hope you feel better soon.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Take care of yourself first! We can wait. We must wait. You shouldn't be concerned about that. Just get better!

Dana

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I keep hoping to get back in the swing of things.
My health issues keep piling up...sigh.
I do have a set for the HWH, HWC, and HWD that match and when finished will be uploaded as separates sets, not one package.
work is slow though and right now I\need to get seams out of the ears...lol.
The material files are done and will render in Firefly or Superfly as well.
It will more than likely be after the start of the year before I get it submitted.

At present we are making a doctor's appointment for me at the end of this month at which time I will request his approval on an electric scooter for the house.
My feet and legs have gotten worse and I cry every time I have to get up on them, nearly feel once while using my walker. :(
I wish I had the scooter now as it is horrible to even stand, let alone walk just four to six feet to my bathroom.

I'm afraid the RA is getting worse and crippling me.
So any work is sloooowwwww!

Miss B

CV-BEE
Sorry your health issues are getting worse FL. There's a gentleman who lives on the other side of my building who has one of those electric scooters, and he gets around pretty well with it, so here's hoping you get one sooner rather than later.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I had my doctor's appointment Friday, he wants more information and will consider the scooter.
Somehow I have developed walking pneumonia so going on rounds of antibiotics now..sigh.
My older brother now lives with us so he was set up with our doctor too.
Now I won't worry as much about him as I know he will get the cate he needs. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Glad to hear your doctor's going to consider the scooter, as that will be very helpful.

I am, however, not happy to hear you've got walking pneumonia, so do take the meds, and get better.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Over pneumonia and doing a bit better.
I'm trying to do some 3d work but lot of distractions.
My older brother is now living with us and he likes to pop in and out of my room to chat or looking for food...lol.
He had been with his daughter but no one there was taking proper care of him and his health was suffering.
He was lonesome as they also did not go in his room or take him downstairs to visit, he was stuck on the upper floor in his room.
Now he has access to doctors and other health care and medicines as well as taking advantage of being on one floor and able to visit back and forth..
Thank God the other brother is still with his daughter, he is more of a handful.

I hope to get some new products in the store again soon.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Glad to hear you're feeling better FL. Here's hoping your health, and your brother's, continue to get better.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
It has been a while, I know.
Some illness that might or might not have been COVID but not severe and mostly uncomfortable.
Around here they won't do testing unless there is a direct connection of exposed to a positive COVID person.
We were told twice that someone was exposed and we might have been too.

And I changed from a laptop to a desktop again.
The laptop just could not handle the load I put on it so now I have a desktop with a 2tb ssd drive, 16gb ram, and a new NVidia card.
Running some tests now to see if I got it all set up correctly, then on to some serious work again.

Hornet3d

Wise
It has been a while, I know.
Some illness that might or might not have been COVID but not severe and mostly uncomfortable.
Around here they won't do testing unless there is a direct connection of exposed to a positive COVID person.
We were told twice that someone was exposed and we might have been too.

And I changed from a laptop to a desktop again.
The laptop just could not handle the load I put on it so now I have a desktop with a 2tb ssd drive, 16gb ram, and a new NVidia card.
Running some tests now to see if I got it all set up correctly, then on to some serious work again.

Welcome back and glad you seem to be over whatever you had.

A 2TB SSD, that is some serious piece of kit.