• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Mischief and other things

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
The other one was insured but the police listed it as neither being at fault due to malfunction of traffic light.
Her injuries are better but she is traumitzed and having bad dreams from it.
Still waiting to see n the insurance for the car.

DanaTA

Distinguished
Oh, then sue the city. Somebody has to pay for it, and it wasn't their fault! Such a loss should be unacceptable!

Dana

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
They are waiting for the reports so they can do something.
I guess their other son will come for them over the weekend when he is not working.
She is still having the bad dreams, reliving the accident, seeing the car heading at her, feeling and hearing the crash.
No telling how long she will have those dreams either, that is such a frightening thing to have happen.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I created a logo for a business my daughter is starting making soaps, candles and other such things.
We will be doing a photo shoot of items she has and use it as a Facebook cover image.
Then I did one for my son in law who wants to start a handy man business.

Now I want to do a FB cover for a page for my 3D products.
I want some nice fantasy lights (like small bright globes) and several fairies for it.
I am hoping I can do some fairy renders and use either Poser or DS for making little glowing orbs for lights.
And Photoshop some sparkly stuff like stars in it with a nice background.
Going to be busy, busy! :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Sounds like it's going to be fun FL, and I'm glad to hear you're feeling good enough to tackle these projects. :)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well, I have been better lately, just the usual aches and pains but at least no infections. :)
I go to the Pulmonologist this coming week to have tests for the striations and calcifications on my lungs so we can find out what it is.
It may just be due to the last infection but we want to be sure.

Mean time I will work when I can.
An active mind is supposed to stay functioning, but mine gets so foggy...lol.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, I like to try learning something new every day. That way I'm keeping it active. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
Well, I have been better lately, just the usual aches and pains but at least no infections. :)
I go to the Pulmonologist this coming week to have tests for the striations and calcifications on my lungs so we can find out what it is.
It may just be due to the last infection but we want to be sure.

Mean time I will work when I can.
An active mind is supposed to stay functioning, but mine gets so foggy...lol.

I know what you mean about the usual aches and pains, I think it comes with age for many of us, but it is good to hear you are able to tackle so much and you are enjoying yourself. Good luck with the upcoming tests.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I'm thinking of doing a fairy sitting on a stool in front of an easel, evening scene, with small glowing orbs and fireflies around her for light.
Maybe have one of my products, like BeJeweled and Glossy or other in the painting.
That would make an awesome cover image to reflect my products page on FB. :)

I need to be more than one person right now, and one of us to be really good at rendering scenes! (sigh)

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Uuuugh!
Waiting for a Superfly render to finish, they take so long if you want really high resolution.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
That's part of the fun Faery_Light. Before my workstation decided to depart for that great scrapyard in the sky, superfly renders used to take minutes up to a couple of hours. With the thing, I'm using now before I start a render I take a look at the calendar to see what day it is and check to see if my diaries clear! :whistling:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
That's part of the fun Faery_Light. Before my workstation decided to depart for that great scrapyard in the sky, superfly renders used to take minutes up to a couple of hours. With the thing, I'm using now before I start a render I take a look at the calendar to see what day it is and check to see if my diaries clear! :whistling:
:roflmao:
Mine has been going since yesterday, with a pause (put laptop in hibernate mode for the night) and is still going.
Has at least an hour to go...sigh.

Hornet3d

Wise
Talking about things taking a long time, we are having our bathroom replaced and I am beginning to think it will never end. It was meant to take seven to ten working days and today is day eleven and the plumber has just unwrapped the toilet bowl only to find it has a moulding problem around the seal. Now having to order a replacement but it is Easter Thursday in the UK tomorrow leading into the Easter weekend so it looks like it may not get finished until next Tuesday. As the suggested time was working days that will mean we have been without a shower and using the toilet downstairs for three weeks by then. Friends, neighbours and family have been really great in helping out but it is really becoming a pain relying on others to shower.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Oh Hornet, I feel your pain.
My son in law had to cut off the water so he could work on the hot water tank, off five hours and of course I have an overactive bladder....ugh.

Hornet3d

Wise
Oh Hornet, I feel your pain.
My son in law had to cut off the water so he could work on the hot water tank, off five hours and of course I have an overactive bladder....ugh.

I can relate to that, while showering elsewhere is awkward the real pain is having to go down stairs to use a toilet, particularly in the early hours. At my age that can be multiple trips each morning.

Hornet3d

Wise
I'd be sleeping downstairs :wink:

I did try that one of the nights but sleep does not come easy to me at the best of times and that night I slept very little. Fingers crossed they deliver a replacement unit that is not damaged or faulty today as it is the last chance before the Easter weekend.

On the other hand they could have fitted the unit they had and hoped for the best, the first I would of noticed would have been a brown stain in the ceiling below.

DanaTA

Distinguished
I did try that one of the nights but sleep does not come easy to me at the best of times and that night I slept very little. Fingers crossed they deliver a replacement unit that is not damaged or faulty today as it is the last chance before the Easter weekend.

On the other hand they could have fitted the unit they had and hoped for the best, the first I would of noticed would have been a brown stain in the ceiling below.

You don't want that! Mold problems can be very bad...even deadly.

Dana

Hornet3d

Wise
You don't want that! Mold problems can be very bad...even deadly.

Dana

I remember seeing an episode about a very expensive house in the US that was condemned due to mould after major leaks behind wall panels. I think it was an episode of Medical Detectives and the mould was the deadly kind you refer to. One of the reasons we had the bathroom revamp was that it had been almost impossible to get a permanent seal around the bath leading tro leaks and mould. Thank fully the mould was contained to the area beneath and behind the bath and the floor and plaster board was removed and replaced.

In the new bathroom the bath is gone (can you still call it a bathroom I wonder) and replaced with a walk in shower. The cost of the work was a major expense for us so we decided to keep the future in mind. With both my wife and I now in our senior years we felt there was a good chance that in the coming years getting in and out of a bath might become difficult. The scenario is removed with the large shower enclosure instead.