• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Mermaid For Dawn

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Thanks...that would be terrific. I wish I had another week of holidays but it's back to work next week. Deidre and the mermaid are two of the projects I'll be working on when I get some free time though.

Lyrra Madril

Eager
Contributing Artist
While it is not a freebie my Universal Mermaid tail (sold at Renderosity) has a Dawn fit included along with about 30 others.
(laroo, ichiro, Koshini, Aiko3, Alyson2, Antonia, Cookie, David3, Dawn, freak3, Girl3, Hiro3, jessi1, Kids4, Laura, LittleOne, Luke, Maddie, Michael3, Michael4, Miki4, Milbaby3, MyMichelle, RexFit, Roxie, Sadie, Steph3, tyler, v4aiko4, v4fantasia, v4sylph, v4UtopianFIT, v4young, victoria3) I got tired of never having a tail for the figure I wanted to use *lol*

So if you havent found a tail that works for you yet it might be worth a look :)

I'm working on textures for a bunch of various mermaid tail models inspired by some of the amazing silicone mermaid tails I keep staring at on pinterest and youtube. There are some really spectacular colours and patterns. I have a gorgeous blue and aqua peacock looking one on my desktop art right now.
LM

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Yes...I love the silicone tails too. I keep pinning new ones...thanks for the heads up on the tail.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Not sure what a silicone tail is... but I'll google it... I LOVE tails, but my favorite is still the Realms ones... :)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
well I did a google search and was just WOWED by the painting people do on REAL tails... especially Merbella!!

spearcarrier

Admirable
Ooh mermaid tails. oooh... THAT mermaid tail. I must have that mermaid tail. :p

I toyed with developing mermaid tails but soon figured out it's harder than I liked, so I had to stop. When you try to put them onto a triax figure, unless they're the grafted kind, the system remakes the rigging whether you like it or not.

aqua1955

I made very many mermaids in Poser and found that any tail is with a little tweaking good to fit on V4. The only trouble you get is to hide the breast, but also there are freebees made online.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I know this is an old thread so I don't know if @Pendraia every got her tail finished (if so, point me to where because I wants lol). But go find the @MEC4D WIP thread because she's posted an pic of one she's working for the upcoming D2 amongst all the other awesome work she's doing.

Here is the link. It should go to the page (32) with the Mermaid but if it doesn't its well worth looking at the rest anyway lol
WIP - MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress | Page 36 | HiveWire 3D Community

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
@spearcarrier sorry I didn't see this sooner. I haven't been around daily like I once did. Too busy at the moment.

@Rae134 sorry it's not done. I sort of came to halt due to pressures of work. If I still have the file( I lost a lot of stuff with drive failures.) I'll try and ressurrect it for Dawn 2. I've been working on a dress for her not that I've had much time to do work. It's going to be dynamic.

dforce dress Dawn 2 fized sleeves sml.jpg

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I do still have it. the funny edge on the hip is due to transparency being on in ZBrush. This is the tail fitted to Dawn 2. I think one of the things that held me back from memory was the rigging. I'm not sure how to go about rigging a mermaid tail.
The list at the moment is
Dawn 2
Dforce dress - finish with at least 1-2 textures
Diva
Mermaid Tail

I do want to make her more dforce clothing and would also like to try my hand with Zbrushes card system to create a hair for her also.

Untitled-1.jpg