• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Memba' These????

eclark1894

Visionary
Honestly, wonder if anyone under the age of 40 will even recognize what these are? If no one gets it I'll drop you a hint.:sneaky:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
*sings*

I've got a brand new pair of roller skates
You've got a brand new key

of course I'm way over 40 :)

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Beverage Caffeine Amount
Coca-Cola - 12 oz 34 mg
Pepsi - 12 0z 37 mg
The UK has on avereage about 37.6 mg of caffeine in Pepsi. And Pepsi is definitely sweeter than Coke.
So not that much. Wonder why it gave me a pounding headache then? I'm in no danger of drinking it again. When we go somewhere to eat and the only thing they have is Pepsi, I ask for water with extra lemons. I make my own free lemonade!

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Honestly, wonder if anyone under the age of 40 will even recognize what these are? If no one gets it I'll drop you a hint.:sneaky:

And you better have an extra, cuz someone always loses one. Mine were't shiny though, they were all worn metal.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
So not that much. Wonder why it gave me a pounding headache then? I'm in no danger of drinking it again. When we go somewhere to eat and the only thing they have is Pepsi, I ask for water with extra lemons. I make my own free lemonade!
I drink 2 glasses of lemonade every day. I used to only drink it during the summer, because iced lemonade is very refreshing, but since having a kidney stone back in 2009, I now drink it every day because lemon juice is the best way to prevent calcium oxalate from accumulating. I also drink a lot of water to flush the kidneys every day, so I never get another kidney stone. Once in a lifetime is more than enough.

Nod

Adventurous

Coincidence, or allergy. Try Pepsi again and see if you get a repeat.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I drink 2 glasses of lemonade every day. I used to only drink it during the summer, because iced lemonade is very refreshing, but since having a kidney stone back in 2009, I now drink it every day because lemon juice is the best way to prevent calcium oxalate from accumulating. I also drink a lot of water to flush the kidneys every day, so I never get another kidney stone. Once in a lifetime is more than enough.

Never had stones, but the last 2 years my dr says according to my lab tests that I have decreased kidney function. She told me to drink more water (yuck). Maybe if I drank lemonade that would do. I just don't enjoy water enough to drink it plain.

Charles West

Adventurous
My dad would go round to the stores and if they were throwing any away, he'd collect them.
Or any wooden delivery crates they discarded, there was always some good wood on them and he used it.
He made knick-knack shelves. jewelry boxes or other things with the wood.
So many, many years ago. :)
In the 70's many of us ran out of coin after rent so we improvised... my first tv stand/bookcase was some old pallet boards and vertical risers were old coke bottle cases. Hmm that would make an interesting set of props for early appartment renders.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Never had stones, but the last 2 years my dr says according to my lab tests that I have decreased kidney function. She told me to drink more water (yuck). Maybe if I drank lemonade that would do. I just don't enjoy water enough to drink it plain.
I wasn't much of a water drinker when I was a kid, mostly because my mom refused to pay for something she could get from the kitchen sink tap. I hated that water with a vengeance.

When I moved out into my own apartment, I started buying bottled water, and I got used to it. I didn't drink that much in the beginning, but now-a-days I drink 4 1/2 to 5 glasses of water a day, as well as the 2 glasses of lemonade. I used to drink more water, but with age my bladder has given up the ghost, so I had to cut down on how much fluids I drink on a daily basis.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
lol Earl, my hubby has a new one and loves it (but our yard is huge so I won't use it :D)

eclark1894

Visionary
lol Earl, my hubby has a new one and loves it (but our yard is huge so I won't use it :D)
I was really into Greek mythology when I was in High School. So I learned the story of Sisyphus, who died and went to the Underworld. He had been a terrible sinner in life, so there was no chance of him going to the Elysium fields, which was Greek heaven, basically. Instead he was condemned to forever roll a boulder up a hill, but before he could make it to the top, the boulder would roll back to the bottom and Sisyphus would have to start all over again.
Meet my boulder.:sneaky:

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Back then we recycled before it was called " recycling".
But for many of us it was a necessity because money was very scarce.
And too, we were taught "waste not, want not". :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Anyone whose parents lived through the depression remembers that mantra. (And frankly, the poor children in Korea were quite welcome to my Ma's cooked vegetables.)

eclark1894

Visionary
Back then we recycled before it was called " recycling".
But for many of us it was a necessity because money was very scarce.
And too, we were taught "waste not, want not". :)
When I was in elementary school, back when I was around 7 or 8, my mother was working as a domestic , so we didn't have much money. Plus, it was the 60's, we were black and living in the South. My mother ran out of money and didn't have enough to give us anything for lunch. This was back before free lunch in schools. So my mother had my brother and I go around and collect soda bottles, take them down to the store and sell them. Then we bought a pack of 'Nabs for our lunch. For anyone who doesn''t know what "Nabs are, as we called them:

Miss B

CV-BEE
I don't remember those up here, but we have had similar small snack packs as well.