• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Memba' These????

carmen indorato

Extraordinary
to me pepsi ALWAYS tasted like medicine. When coke changed their formula it sucked. in fact they must have known about it because they have tried to reintroduce the formula as Coke classic. Was never the same. I remember going to the pharmacy with my folks and getting a small bottle of cola syrup which was according to my doctor then good for stomach aches. Went to ginger ale when cola syrup was removed from ingredients and no longer available in pharmacies in its medicinal concentrated form. then Canada Dry removed ginger. Its back in there but no longer drink sweet soda drink just plain soda for indigestion. Once in a while I'll open a small bottle of CD Ginger ale for a few sips which still helps what ails me but the sugar gags me. Now I find out there is also sugar in milk. What is it about American food manufacturers with all the damn sugar and salt? No matter what the media or FDA tell us about the dangers for those two ingredients they are forever present in extreme excess in our food stuff.
Trading in empty bottles was a cash crop for me as a kid. 2 cents for little bottles and 5 cents for the litre/quart bottles kept e in chocolate milk and fry cakes for a long time. It all went away. Wonder why?

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I remember when bottle deposits didn't exist and you weren't able to turn in bottles for money. Oregon was the first state to introduce a bottle deposit bill, which was in 1971, ten years before California. There are still 39 states without a bottle deposit bill, while nearly all provinces and territories in Canada require refundable deposits for soft drinks and beer.

I always preferred A&W Root Beer or Cream Soda, but since they weren't always an option, I'd drink Pepsi.

What milk has added sugar in it, Carmen? I just looked through the milk ingredients where I shop, and none of them have added sugar. I rather suspect the orange juice of my youth must have had added sugar since the orange juices of today don't taste anywhere near as sweet as they did when I was young. Either that, or oranges used to be a lot sweeter. Which may well be since it's hard to find an orange that really tastes good anymore too. I used to love oranges and orange juice, I've yet to find either I care for now. At least I can find sweet and crunchy apples.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I loved eating oranges and drinking orange juice, but that abruptly ended when I had the kidney stone. I was eating 2 large navel oranges as a snack after dinner every night, mostly because it was less calories than the chocolate chip cookies I'm prone to eat. I think that's what led to my developing the kidney stone, because oranges, among other things are high in calcium, and when you over do anything, even the good stuff, it can have very ill effects.

Charles West

Adventurous
I can already hear the youngsters asking "that's a lawn mower? Where's the engine?" That would be me.:sneaky:

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Medieval torture device.:sneaky:

My grandma and grandpa had one when I was a kid. I mowed their lawn every Saturday, and it wasn't a small lawn! But I loved watching the cut grass come out the back and smelling it. Nowadays about all you smell is fumes.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
to me pepsi ALWAYS tasted like medicine. When coke changed their formula it sucked. in fact they must have known about it because they have tried to reintroduce the formula as Coke classic. Was never the same. I remember going to the pharmacy with my folks and getting a small bottle of cola syrup which was according to my doctor then good for stomach aches.
That's so funny, cuz that's how we reacted to Coke Classic. It was awful! I think the public was so outraged they went back to their old formula.
My mom and I used to go the the soda fountain at this little store downtown (literally a soda fountain with stools and the shiny black countertops), and she'd buy a bottle of Coke syrup for me. Or we'd get it at the drug store. Don't even know if they make it anymore. Now they're probably too paranoid about someone trying to reverse engineer their secret formula!

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I always preferred A&W Root Beer or Cream Soda, but since they weren't always an option, I'd drink Pepsi.
Those are 2 of my favs. We have IBC Cream Soda here and it's the BEST thing. Has that really good vanilla flavor. I remember when I was a kid, and the parents and I would to to the A&W drive in. They'd come out with that metal tray to hook onto your window, and they had the creamiest, coldest root beer. They had those big thick glass mugs that you could barely lift! When I was real little they always got me that little kiddie mug. I also loved Black Cows. YUM! Those were some good memories.

eclark1894

Visionary
Back in the '50's my aunt and uncle opened their own restaurant, which was quite an achievement for a black couple at the time. Obviously, it was on the black side of town. Anyway, I used to go into the restaurant and see one of these things. This is an older model too. And that little sliding arm used to fascinsate me.
upload_2018-6-4_9-8-31.png

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
Back in the '50's my aunt and uncle opened their own restaurant, which was quite an achievement for a black couple at the time. Obviously, it was on the black side of town. Anyway, I used to go into the restaurant and see one of these things. This is an older model too. And that little sliding arm used to fascinsate me.
LOL, as kids, we used to crowd around it and look through all the selections waiting to put our dime in. All our little diners had those ones on the table where you used this little metal 'handle' to turn the pages inside to find a song you wanted to play.

eclark1894

Visionary
Those are 2 of my favs. We have IBC Cream Soda here and it's the BEST thing. Has that really good vanilla flavor. I remember when I was a kid, and the parents and I would to to the A&W drive in. They'd come out with that metal tray to hook onto your window, and they had the creamiest, coldest root beer. They had those big thick glass mugs that you could barely lift! When I was real little they always got me that little kiddie mug. I also loved Black Cows. YUM! Those were some good memories.
upload_2018-6-4_12-4-7.png
:squee:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
LOL, as kids, we used to crowd around it and look through all the selections waiting to put our dime in. All our little diners had those ones on the table where you used this little metal 'handle' to turn the pages inside to find a song you wanted to play.
I don't remember them ever costing less than a quarter per selection, and yes, I remember the small ones at each table in the local diners. I liked those because it meant I could listen to what I wanted to hear, and not what someone else wanted.

Charles West

Adventurous
I don't remember them ever costing less than a quarter per selection, and yes, I remember the small ones at each table in the local diners. I liked those because it meant I could listen to what I wanted to hear, and not what someone else wanted.
Those were loved and hated by the vendors that set them.... the cable that ran to each of the little remotes was bigger than my thumb and hard to run in some of the diners. They loved the remotes because of the added income... if table 2 called up a song into the main juke box and table 9 called up the same song... the song would play once and both tables were happy and the vendor got 2 dimes for the song.

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
The ones we had in local diners were 10 cents for 1 and 3 for a quarter.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I just looked through the milk ingredients where I shop, and none of them have added sugar.

Some of the Soy milk products have sugar, I only realized this last week. Basically, if it says "sweetened" on the carton then it has sugar. Now I get my Mam to only buy the unsweetened Soy for me.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
When coke changed their formula it sucked. in fact they must have known about it because they have tried to reintroduce the formula as Coke classic. Was never the same.

I've always thought Coke changing its formula was one of the biggest marketing schemes/scams in history. Coke was losing to Pepsi when that happened and Coke needed to nudge people into buying. It sure made it a topic of conversation for the whole county. And bottles of Coke were selling for $100 in California.

Terre

Renowned
One difference in Coke and Pepsi that no one here has mentioned is the sweetener. Some years ago when the store I work at first brought in Mexican bottled Coke I decided to try it and realized that it was a flavor I hadn't tasted in many years. American sodas are made with corn syrup now. The Mexican made stuff is cane syrup like American made ones used to be. Despite what some of the advertisers want to claim it really does change the taste.