• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

WIP MEC4D - Creations for Dawn 2 and Dusk 2 , work in progress

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I just have this nagging feeling Dawn 2.0 isn't ever going to make her debut after all :( it's been more than three years now and we're all STILL waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting.......
I spent too much time on that to this point to just forget about , also including Chris and Paul .
But I can ensure you that your feelings are wrong.
Dawn2 going to make her debut in the right time . Of course we want to make it sooner than later as the time allows as you know we all have our daily jobs what is our priority, that is also major reason why things get slower than it should .

All we have to ask is a little more patience and understanding.

And trust me I can't wait for that day !

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
I have been starting to wonder if the delay in the release of Dawn 2 isn't because folks decided to wait for Unimesh in Poser, as that has been rumored to be coming.
That would really no matter if there was Unimesh in Poser or not , nobody would throw away 3 years of work , no way ! Dawn2 will works no matter Unimesh or Not .
And Unimesh is coming to Poser, it is not a rumor , a little bird told me ;)

I will have next week more news for you and new updates of the progress , I will post it in the Dawn2 thread .

Daniel Hicks(OganicPic)

Eager
Contributing Artist
That would really no matter if there was Unimesh in Poser or not , nobody would throw away 3 years of work , no way ! Dawn2 will works no matter Unimesh or Not .
And Unimesh is coming to Poser, it is not a rumor , a little bird told me ;)

I will have next week more news for you and new updates of the progress , I will post it in the Dawn2 thread .
Yes Parrot Dance GIF - Yes Parrot Dance Funny Animals - Discover & Share  GIFs

Ya!!:snoopydance: now we dawnceses we!! we!!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have been starting to wonder if the delay in the release of Dawn 2 isn't because folks decided to wait for Unimesh in Poser, as that has been rumored to be coming.

Just to complement what Cath said, D2 will work in Poser with or without unimesh. All figures will. Nothing will change when it comes to backwards compatibility (AFAIK), unless we save things to the library in unimesh Poser. If we do that, it will be saved as unimesh, and can only be read back in unimesh Poser.

And yes, unimesh Poser is coming. Bondware has publicly announced that in 2021. What I think happened was that Bondware has received Poser in such a poor state from SMS that they spent all the time fixing the more essential things before going to the big project. As far as I can see, there is nothing else major to add to Poser 12, so it's time to work on unimesh Poser. It's going to happen! ^____^

unreal

Noteworthy
Just to complement what Cath said, D2 will work in Poser with or without unimesh. All figures will. Nothing will change when it comes to backwards compatibility (AFAIK), unless we save things to the library in unimesh Poser. If we do that, it will be saved as unimesh, and can only be read back in unimesh Poser.

And yes, unimesh Poser is coming. Bondware has publicly announced that in 2021. What I think happened was that Bondware has received Poser in such a poor state from SMS that they spent all the time fixing the more essential things before going to the big project. As far as I can see, there is nothing else major to add to Poser 12, so it's time to work on unimesh Poser. It's going to happen! ^____^

True, dat :)

MEC4D

Contributing Artist
What makes it difficult is that the number of shells is different, and some shells are in different maps. I hope there will be a Transformer for D2.
Is anyone working on a way to convert textures from Dawn to Dawn2?
I'm trying in Photoshop but seams are driving me crazy.
Helen , you need to invest in a better program than Photoshop to work on the seams ,and as Ken said , the number of UVs islands is different and they are not were they was before so little complicated .

Any program for texturing that support projection mode or UDIM would be helpful for you

DanaTA

Distinguished
@Rich...do you know there is a broken image in your signature file?

I gues the bird is funny (it's not dead, anyway). The band is, too, kind of.

Dana