• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

LAMH Presets for the Hivewire3D House Cat

TaishoBee

Adventurous
I want to use these in Poser... but I can never figure out how to. The tutorial says about making the fur conforming but again, never could figure it out. I own the program.

TaishoBee

Adventurous
Well it shows you can use it, in the program's manual. Something about exporting the hair and then somehow making it conform? I tried getting help over at daz and the people basically called me an idiot.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
So nice and so generous of you. I'd have bought these presets in a heart beat. Now one thing about downloading them I discovered is that if I clicked on the download button I got an error message but if I right clicked and "save link as" (Firefox) I was able to get both settings.

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
If you know your way around DS you can load up LAMH or the player, apply the settings and then save it out as an OBJ but I think it will be quite heavy on older systems. You will have to make it a wearable conformer once you get it into Poser but then there is that little issue of making the hair react to the fur colors under it. Not sure if you can do that in Poser. I know as part of the LAMH set up you can either use your own "tip" and "end" or you can tell the program to use the fur color maps under it. So you then get what you see in the promo images on the first post here.

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Saiyaness, your work here is amazing. Truly awesome! Love what you have made available for all. Very kind of you to do so and take the time to make this happen.

Will post on a couple of facebook pages now, if I may. Want to expose more people to this gorgeous work.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
Gosh sorry! Late to the party!! These are Incredible !! I mean truly wickedly awesome!! I can't wait to play with it!!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Been a while for me, too. But I think that once you find the apply preset command you just navigate to where you stowed it.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I don't think they need to be in a special place, but it makes sense to put a folder for presets somewhere where you can find it easily.

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Anyone having luck using the presets? LAMH gets me sooo confused!
Hoping someone more savy will post a step by step guide...?