• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken1171's Products at HiveWire3D

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
This is VERY handy when you want to make just one part of a conforming outfit dynamic. However, most outfits don't have the groupings designed to allow you to do it. They have to be designed for it. For instance, I made my Dog Bandana a single group, so you can make it dynamic even when it's already conformed, just like the Laced Sundress and the Cheongsam dress.

D

Deleted member 325

I am not a big user of dynamics myself. I tend to avoid dynamic clothing and hair products.

What about instead of rigging the bottom to match legs, since it's slit on the sides all the way up to the hip, rigging it front and back? Just a thought...

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@KageRyu Yeah, I know what you mean, but this doesn't go well if I want to make a real long Cheongsam dress. Like I said, the mere concept of such a complex rigging and it still won't pose naturally or realistically is quite discouraging. It's a lot of work and still lousy, mechanical posing.

D

Deleted member 325

@KageRyu Yeah, I know what you mean, but this doesn't go well if I want to make a real long Cheongsam dress. Like I said, the mere concept of such a complex rigging and it still won't pose naturally or realistically is quite discouraging. It's a lot of work and still lousy, mechanical posing.
I understand, I just dare to dream...

D

Deleted member 325

I have had a great deal of trouble trying to use dynamics - me and them just don't seem to get along - even in Lightwave. I might give it a try, but it makes me take pause.

Hornet3d

Wise
Love the dress and the idea of having it semi-dynamic. Like a lot of people I avoided the cloth room like the plague for many years but once I started using the great dynamic cloths on sale here from Lully I use it a great deal now. I don't know what changed but with a lot of help from the people here it just sort of clicked for me although I still struggle with some of the settings. It certainly ups the game with some renders.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Look at all the hype about dynamic cloth at DAZ. This is ancient history in Poser, way before SMS or eFrontier stepped in. I wish Poser features could cause such a hype in the community, like for example, how awesome it is to have the Bullet engine in Poser, but feature hypes seem to be something exclusive to DAZ. We have SO MUCH exciting stuff in Poser that people just take for granted, and SMS doesn't consider important enough to advertise about it, at least not with the energy DAZ puts into the smallest things they add to DS.

Frankly, I am amazed with how realistic things look when we add dynamic cloth, comparing to the typical rigidity of conforming cloth. DAZ just got this into DS, and look how crazy they went with the hype. I am a Poser veteran and I still haven't tried every feature in it. I have done crazy things, like animating hair with Bullet engine softbody dynamics, and just a while ago, Nerd3D has showed us that we can even attach magnets to Bullet hard body physics with constrains, and make individual hair strands animate in real time with a fair amount of control. That was beyond cool! And yet, nobody uses or knows it's there, so Poser lives in obscurity, leading people to believe that DS is so much better in everything.

Some food for thought. :)

Dreamer

Dream Weaver Designs
Like a lot of folks I never could get to grips with the cloth room but now I find myself using it more and more. I still get mixed results but I keep trying as, when it works for me, it is soooooo much better for long drapery things/clothes. I have yet to pluck up the nerve to try dynamic hair and while the bullet softbody stuff looks amazing it also looks a bit daunting and I am not sure how much use it is in still images as every thing I have seen so far about is to do with animation.

I would love to see more hybrid clothing and even hair items in the market.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Oh, good to know. "hybrid" clothing could potentially mean a zillion things. I like it, and I made 2 of my dresses that way, but they are both conforming and semi-dynamic. For this long one in particular, it would be only semi-dynamic, and then some people don't want to deal with dynamics. It's a dilemma.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Products in this market are particularly dirt cheap comparing how expensive 3D is out there. It's quite a contradiction.

Hornet3d

Wise
Yes I did. Seen them called both :)

Certainly the few dynamic items that I purchased for V4 some years ago were advertised as hybrid in both cases, one a flowing dress and the other a trouser suit, both had the top as conforming and the bottom as dynamic.