• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I found three :D
WOW, I never thought to look that closely. Hmmmmm, well I found 8 right away, but it took a minute or so to find the ninth one. ;)

Someone, I can't recall at which site, used to post this sort of render, and then give away prizes to the folks who could find the hidden item(s).

Miss B

CV-BEE
But for the life of me, I can't remember who, or at what site. Damn my poor aging brain just isn't doing the job as well as it used to. ;)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
If I saw it then it would have to be one of the 3 long established or Faery Wilde...they're the only ones I've spent much time in the forums that long ago.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh yes, Pen, I'm definitely thinking it's one of the top 3. I don't think FW has ever done anything like that, as far as I remember.

For some reason, I want to say Renderosity, but I can't be absolutely sure as I can't remember who it was that used to post them, or whether it was a Renderosity itself thing.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I do. Vaguely remember it. But can't recall whether it was in the Members' section or not.

It would have been something like two iterations of the forum ago, so long gone now.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
ChineseLunaMothPost.jpg
I put this in the Postage stamp art thread...but it belongs here too, I think? Ken, I used your Luna Moth and just "had" to paint it into a Chinese Luna Moth... I do know tails like that would probably be impossible on the model... I just felt like "tinkering"! :)

Forgot to say I got the "pine needles" background from one of the public domain image websites (that I listed in HiveWire's Sharing/Freebie forums)

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thanks... I feel like Ken's moths add LIFE to images, just as his birds do... so when creating my Blue Lady art piece, I decided to take another of my favorites and color hue change it to fit my image's theme:

ElephantHawkmothHue.jpg

bottom one is the default Small Elephant Hawkmoth... which I adore, but I needed a blue-ish one for my indoor theme... (see Dawn Render thread). :)