• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
SphynxMoth.jpg

I'm going to post this in my Rendo gallery... I love these cool insects... SO well done, Ken!! Wow!
My Mom used to grow tomatoes, and we saw a LOT of these moths at that time of year...
SNOWFIRE GRAPHIC'S Produce-Tomato

EDIT... hmm this time the forum did blur the image a bit...have no idea why... but it really is very clear, and will show that at Rendo gallery!

Ken Gilliland

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Wow! Really nice images! Thank-you to everyone for your support of my products and reviving this thread

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thanks... and had to do another one... just HAD to! LOL! Here is the image and what I posted over in my Rendo gallery:
LunaMothMapleLeaf.jpg

The new Luna Moth from Ken's new Nature's Wonders- Giant Moths (HiveWire)
These moths are incredibly "pose-able"!! I love the luminescent look of the SSS on the wings

I'm not sure how big a "sugar maple" leaf is...but the Giant Luna Moth is 4-4.5 inches in wingspan!

I'm just playing with the moth models, getting to know all the dials of each part...hence my enjoyment of just doing each moth with it's food source! (well the Luna Moth's eat several kinds of trees, but I thought the big sugar maple tree's leaf was neat... I mean the (huge!) caterpillars that feed on those leaves must enjoy the sweetness? LOL!

Maple leaf photo courtesy of this website/page:
http://www.publicdomainpictures.net/view-image.php?image=359

Poser Pro 2014 & Photoshop

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The colors on the Maple Leaf are gorgeous, and set off the Luna Moth beautifully. ;)

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
There is no thread for art done with your moths Ken, so I hope it is okay to add them to this thread.

The wonderfully colored moth in this scene, the Small Elephant Hawk, rivals any butterfly for beauty.

In this fun render I have created a field of Daylilies in a variety of concealing colors to camouflage a number of these moths. Have fun finding as many as you can!

Nature's Wonder Moths of the World Vol. 1 (Small Elephant Hawk) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Daylily by Lisa's Botanicals at HiveWire3D
Conch Prism Textures for Lisa's Botanicals Daylily at HiveWire3D
Edged Prism Textures for Lisa's Botanicals Daylily at HiveWire3D
Feather Fall Prism Textures for Lisa's Botanicals Daylily at HiveWire3D
Tie-Dye Splash Prism Textures for Lisa's Botanicals Daylily at HiveWire3D
Windmill Prism Textures for Lisa's Botanicals Daylily at HiveWire3D

Delicate Treasures

Delicate Treasures.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
One of the things the larvae of this lovely One-eyed Sphinx Moth feeds on is Willow, so I thought it would be appropriate to place it in a setting with a graceful Willow tree.

Nature's Wonder Moths of the World Vol. 1 (One-eyed Sphinx) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

HiveWire Horse by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
HiveWire Foal by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
CWRW Ultra Textures for the HiveWire Horse Pack 1 by CWRW at HiveWire3D

Weeping Willow by Lisa's Botanicals at HiveWire 3D
Black Eyed Susan by Lisa's Botanicals at HiveWire 3D

Wonders of the Willow World

Wonders of the Willow World.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
The markings on the Spanish Moon Moth resemble stained glass. It primarily eats the needles of pine trees, so I thought that would be the perfect setting for this beuty. It is a resident of Spain & France, so I added a Spanish Sparrow to this scene.

Nature's Wonder Moths of the World Vol. 1 (Spanish Moon Moth) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Songbird ReMix Sparrows of the World (Spanish Sparrow) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Spanish Moon Moth

Spanish Moon Moth.jpg

Chris

HW3D President
Staff member
Co-Founder
Wow Lyne, that looks great! Well done. Kudo's to you for this image and to Ken for this sweet product set.