• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

luannemarie

Busy Bee
Title: Oriental Basket Lady
Oriental Basket Lady 101z.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
So, I'm working on covers again, and thought I'd give Iray another try. It does start showing a decent image faster in 4.11, but still comes out noisier than I'd prefer. Not sure how long it took since I left it overnight. In 4.10 it would time out after 2 hours.

The finished cover has an analog art filter applied, but the base render is more appropriate to post here.

The Kiwi burrow doesn't come with Iray materials. But I found that it doesn't seem to need them. I did try hitting it with the Iray Uber shader, and didn't care for the result at all, so I brought in a new iteration of it, and just left it with the 3DL materials.

I wanted a rain scene, so I gave it a geoshell, turned off the opacity (still in 3DL) of the burrow and the mound. and then hit what still had the shell visible with an Iray shader for liquid.

The light set used was the Painter's lights set which has since disappeared. I had picked it up when it came out, since I figured that eventually I'd try to do something in Iray. I also used one of Faviana's Theory of Light textures on the environment dome. There was a bit of tweaking of color values in Photoshop, and exporting for web shifted things a little, but it's still pretty close to what I had when I looked at the computer this morning.

Other products used: 3DU's Pixie for G3M, Coffee-Gnorg's giant spider (much reduced) -- I had to go at that with the Geometry editor, since the head is all one matt zone, J Wolf's Iray water props, and one of Flink's spiderwebs. I think the liquid shader was one of Jen's from the PC+, and I think the fur on the spider is from Dimension Theory. The glass shader for the eyes is from someone else, but I didn't make a note of it.

Pixie.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
I love all of Ken's various Peafowl!

This gorgeous Indian Peacock has met his match with these two mischievious puppies.

Credits:
Peafowl of the World (Indian Peacock) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Nature's Wonders Moths of the World Vol. 3 (Faithful Beauty Moth) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

HiveWire Big Dog by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & Sparky at HiveWire3D (also at Renderosity)
HiveWire Puppy by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & Sparky at HiveWire3D (also at Renderosity)
Coat Colors for the HiveWire Big Dog Set 1 & 2 by Flint_Hawk & CWRW at HiveWire3D

Dawn Special Edition by Christopher Creek Art, CG Cubed, Lisa's Botanicals & Virtual World at HiveWire 3D
ML Olivia for Dawn by Mirella at Renderosity

Dahlia by Lisa Botanicals at HiveWire3D

Oleander Bushes by Andrey Pestryakov at DAZ
Flinks Instant Meadow 3 by Flink at Renderosity
Realistic Grass Ultimate by Whitemagus *Tito dos Santos* at Renderosity
White Clover from xfrog
Background by Bo Hammarberg at sharecg

Rascals!
Rascals.jpg

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
Ken's amazing variety of Peafowl lend themselves to artistic & realistic renders!

Credits:

SBRM Peacock: Variants (Spalding Peacock 3) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Nature's Wonders Moths of the World Vol. 3 (Faithful Beauty Moth) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

WateLilly Garden by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D
Nature's Wonders Kiwi Burrow by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Unleash the Magic by patslash
Four Seasons by ilona (Ilona Vozari) and Uwe Jarling at Renderosity
Bokeh Backgrounds by Antje Darling at Renderosity
Fine Art Portrait Backgrounds by Creative Soul Arts at Renderosity

Pastel Gem
Pastel Gem.jpg

Carey

Extraordinary
Ken's amazing variety of Peafowl lend themselves to artistic & realistic renders!

Credits:

Pastel Gem
View attachment 50317
luv it

Hornet3d

Wise

Credits:

Pastel Gem
View attachment 50317

That is something really special.

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
The title is a good description of these amazing peacocks! This time I am showing the Javan Peacock with their awe-inspiring train!

Each of the types of peafowl in these sets also includes a lovely penhen!

Credits:

Peafowl of the World (Javan Peafowl) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Nature's Wonders Moths of the World Vol. 3 (Ranchman's Tiger Moth) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Flinks Trees 8 by Flink at Renderosity
Forgotten Garden by -Melkor- at Renderosity

Exquisite Elegance
Exquisite Elegance.jpg

Last edited:

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
A different view of the fantastic train of the Javan Peacock & in the background are two juvenile peafowls!

Credits:

Peafowl of the World (Javan Peafowl) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

Nature's Wonders Moths of the World Vol. 2 (Suraka Silk Moth) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D
SBRM Africa (Fischers Lovebird) by Ken Gilliland at HiveWire3D

CWRW Fallow Deer by CWRW at HiveWire3D
HiveWire Mule Deer by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D (also available at Renderosity)
HiveWire Antler Pack by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D
HiveWire Whisper by ChristopherCreek Art, CGCubed & CWRW at HiveWire3D

Jungle Grasses & Flowers: Botanical Mist by Lisa's Botanicals at HiveWire 3D

Forest Floor by ShaaraMuse3D at Renderosity
3D Scenery-Sandy Retreat by ShaaraMuse3D and HWW0 at Renderosity
Pagan Throne by Matthew Pinchbeck (aka Caisson) at RDNA
Ferns 2012 DR by Raul Lunia (Dinoraul) at Renderosity
Flinks Instant Meadow by Flink at Renderosity
A Fairies Place by Susan Justice (formerly McKivergan) at Renderosity

Jungle Jewel
Jungle Jewel.jpg