• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Ken Gilliland's Products In Renders

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Uh oh. The poor Kiwi looks scared out of its wits, or maybe it's just being inquisitive. ;)

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Scared, Miss B, def scared. You'd be scared too if you were being piloted by an Aussie ;)

Love it, Stezza!

Lorraine

"Where are we?! Why can I see a pellycan?! I'M NOT AN AUSSIE! TAKE ME HOOOooooooooooooooome!" CRASH! Told you Aussies were lousy pilots!

Szark

Awesome
And they are mine! All mine!!!! Now waiting on the burrow :)

Dinner! starring Ken's Northern Brown Female Kiwi, Noggin's Worm (a freebie at Rendo) and Stonemason's Enchanted Forest.

View attachment 3829
Cool I am using the same set and worm in my image. Shame the Iray conversion of the Garibaldi Hair doesn't look as good as the 3delight version attached.

kiwi hair 1 copy.jpg

PS this is just a WIP render, the final has more fur/feathers

Lorraine

Szark, your kiwi looks great! So fluffy and cuddly (even though we know it wants to kick your head off ;) ). I'ma gonna have to check out the hair thingy/plugin/whatsits.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Stezza, Lorraine - great images...Stezza you come up with such cool concepts!

Nice WIP, Szark :)

And welcome, aqua1955!

Lorraine

Looks great, Stezza! Here is the worm link Noggin's EasyPose Worm

I've been researching NZ earthworms and discovered we have a monster called the North Auckland worm, Spenceriella gigantis, that grows to 1.4m/55inches long, 11 mm/ 1/2inch in diameter...wow, that's a big'un!

Flint_Hawk

Extraordinary
:applause: There have been such wonderful Kiwi pictures posted!

But now the Kiwis have a home that is populated with amazing native plants from New Zealand. Each of these plants also comes as an indivual specimen.

One of the places that the Kiwi builds its nest is in a natural hollow that is dug by the birds themselves & Ken has created this wonderful area.

Thank you so much for your comments everyone! I really do enjoy & appreciate them!

Credits:

Nature's Wonders Kiwi Burrow
Songbird ReMix Kiwis (Great Spotted Kiwi)
Nature's Wonder Moths of the World Vol. 2 (Puiri Moth)

Burrow Sweet Burrow
Burrow Sweet Burrow.jpg