• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Just passing along some news....

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
So glad to see you back! We were worried about you!

Glad to hear you got all of that fluid off. That has to feel better.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
YAY EARL IS BACK!!! I was just thinking about you today, and it looks like you read my mind. ;)

I have no idea how someone would gain fluids around the heart, but pleeeeeeeease take care of yourself. We don't want to have to worry about you again!

McGyver

Energetic
Phew! I’m glad to hear you are more or less better!
I hope “more” than “less”...
A lot more... like less, “less” and more “more”...
Er... anyway...
I was getting worried...
I mean not like creepy stalker worried...
Like one dude who’s known another dude for a number of years in an entirely ambiguous anonymous sort of way and only really converses with them randomly, but does read some of the other dudes posts and has developed a vague impression of who that dude is and thinks they are a nice, fun person based on stuff they’ve said about who they are and stuff like that and wishes them the best and I definitely haven’t made an altar with a hand sculpted statue of you based on things you’ve said about yourself, like a lot of stalkers do...
That would probably be weird and creepy and a lot more work than I’m willing to put in...
It really would be more of a simple cartoonish drawing done in crayon or magic marker and taped to one of those big prayer candles one finds in bodegas, with a couple of LED tea lights around it and surrounded by ancient runes and alchemic symbols...
If I did that stuff anymore...
Which I don’t...
I mean kinda, sometimes... but if you get the runes wrong... Geez, the things that come out of those ethereal portals...
Which reminds me...
Sorry to hear they haven’t returned your sea legs yet...
I got that detail wrong in the drawing... I’m assuming sea legs have webbed feet... ?
Anyway...
Hospitals are such jerks about giving out or back body parts.
If you need some sea legs, I have a couple that washed ashore some time ago... but they are more “ocean legs”, since it was the Atlantic where I found them... also there are at least six or seven, and none of them really match... they might have some freezer burn like the tails I threw out last week did... but I think those were really old...
I really hope I put them back in the freezer...
I have a bad habit of being in a rush when stuffing things in the basement freezers and sometimes I put something down to make room and when I’m done I forget to return a random item or creature.
I’m not entirely sure any of those legs are human... I mean they have toes and stuff...
I think they are toes...but they...
Ah, you know what... if you are interested, I’ll just tape the box up and send it to you...
And you can burn whatever you don’t want or need, I find plenty of crazy stuff washing up on the beach at the end of my street, so it’s all good.
DEFINITELY BURN IT!!...
Sorry to stress that so loudly I don’t wanna be like that tweety guy who’s always shouting crazy stuff on Twitter...
I prefer to say crazy stuff in a normal voice and in a kinda even tone.
Sometimes you have to write stuff a little loud... Like “LOOK OUT THE PIANO THAT COYOTE IS TRYING TO DROP ON THAT WEIRD SKINNY BIRD IS ABOUT TO FALL ON YOU!!”
Though I suppose that was a little long, and “LOOK OUT!” would probably suffice... and one probably should be actually shouting that instead of writing it, especially since a lot of people don’t check emails that frequently.
I learned that the hard way.
Several times...
But, yeah, definitely burn whatever you can’t use and don’t take your eyes off any of the parts once you open the box...
I‘m sure it’ll be fine.
Well, anyway...
It’s good to see you are out of the hospital and back home...
I‘m assuming you are back home and not hiding in the park somewhere waiting for the heat to die down...
I’ve escaped from a couple of hospitals and apparently most people don’t do that sorta thing and wait to be “released“... So since you seem to be a fairly normal person, I assumed you waited for them to do all the paperwork and niceties and possibly even did the wheelchair to the door thing...
I mean ”Bravo!” if it was a dramatic Die Hard or Lethal Weapon 26 kinda exit and you actually had a hiding place planned out in advance... That’s great work and I don’t want to underestimate you escape skills.
Anyway...
You probably need rest, I’m always told by people... especially people in top health, that my writing makes them tired and sometimes dizzy... and since you don’t even have your legs back yet...
Wow!
That just dawned on me... how did you escape without your legs?
Daaaaaanm... you are good!
I take my hat off to you sir!
I don’t actually have a hat, but I put a book on my head and then tipped it like one does with hats when showing respect for an impressive accomplishments.
Actually, I also dropped it on my toe and it was a really big book, so it really hurts.
I might hold on to one of the toes from the legs if it doesn’t look like it’s healing... it’s fine... some of the feet have a lot if extra toes anyway.

Anyway, Earl... you rest and get better!

I hope you don’t mind me calling you “Earl”...
Everyone seems to call you that, but I don’t know if they are all idiots and have your name wrong...
I know you sign off as “Earl”, but you could just be being nice and you don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings by correcting them...
I could totally see you doing that, you seem to be that nice...
I mean it could all be an act and the ”e” in ”eclark” could stand for “Evil” or “Eviscerating Clark“ for all I know...
Or, you could be “eClark” like ”eMachine” or some kinda “iRobot” kinda marketing name for your model series...
In which case I’m sorry about all the mean stuff I’ve said about robots over the years... it’s mostly directed towards Roombas and industrial robots like those welding arms that aren’t really robots but everyone calls them a robot, which gives them a superior attitude and then they try to kill you if you turn your back on them... Oh, and that god awful Stop & Shop cleaning robot with his smug expression and fake politeness...
Anyway...
Robot Earl or Regular Human Earl or whatever your name is... (I like Earl, I’m gonna continue to call you Earl if that’s alright)...
You get better real soon and get plenty of rest... you really shouldn’t be reading so much after getting drained and having your legs removed.
But take care and get well soon.
Oh...
Yeah... if that big dog I mentioned does comes around... don’t pet him... in fact I’m not entirely sure it’s a dog...
It came out of one of those portals and after I knocked it unconscious, I froze it in case I needed it later... and when you didn’t post for a long time, I got worried because everyone else was worried so I panicked and defrosted it and pulled the drawing I made off of the candle and showed it too him and told it to “find this guy”... it flew off before I could elaborate more, so I’m not quite sure what it thought I wanted it to do...
I‘m sure it will be fine.
Just don’t pet it, it looked a little bit rabid... or just foamy around the mouth area... for all I know it may have been brushing its teeth before it escaped the other dimension.
If you are up to date on your rabies vaccines, and who isn’t these days... I know I am... way more than is probably normal... then I’m sure you can pet it if you want...
These things usually work out.
Mostly...
Sometimes...
Probably...
It’ll be fine.
Get better soon, I hope this made you feel better... they say laughter is good for you, but I’m not so sure about that after I once made a guy laugh and he fell off the ladder right onto my box of assorted cobras and rusty razor blades...
I was loaning him the box and in retrospect, I probably should have taken the cobras and razor blades out first.
Well... you live you learn.
I hear people say that a lot... but I’m not really feeling it.
It seems very presumptuous.
Anyway....
Get well, and I promise I’m ending this little novel now.
Right now...
Bye...
For real.

Bye!

eclark1894

Visionary
I have no idea how someone would gain fluids around the heart, but pleeeeeeeease take care of yourself. We don't want to have to worry about you again!
Well, despite what you hear on social media, men and women really are put together very differently. Women, also have a higher number of heart attacks because people don't diagnose them right. For one thing, women don't have scrotums (testicles). Guess where most of the fluid in my body accumalated? I thought I was just putting on more weight because of the Covid-19 lockdown. I even thought maybe it was just gas. I took laxatives to try and relieve it. I'm not trying to scare anyone, but aet sensibly, exercise regularly, and make sure you ask your doctor to give you a thorough once over. After all, you know your body better than anyone. :)

RAMWolff

Wolff Playing with Beez!
Contributing Artist
Just saw this thread. I'm glad your on the mend Earl. Continue to take good care of yourself. HUGS

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
Good to hear you're on the mend. Take care of yourself and hope you feel better soon. :grouphug:

Harimau

Eager
Just received a note from "HiveWire 3D Community - See what you have missed" and noticed that you have just been discharged from hospital. Glad to know that you have more or less recovered. Looks to me that you had CCF (Congestive Cardiac Failure) or Heart Failure in layman's terms. You are probably taking a diuretic plus a heart pill (an ACE inhibiter or something similar). Do look out for early signs of recurrence, e.g. shortness of breath on exertion, and particularly ankle oedema or swelling around your ankles (Press on the bone on the inner side of your lower leg and if it leaves an indentation, you are retaining fluid). Don't wait for your scrotum to swell! Also watch out for difficulty breathing when you lie flat in bed. Seek help when any of these occur. Your doctor have probably advised you on lifestyle changes..

eclark1894

Visionary
Just received a note from "HiveWire 3D Community - See what you have missed" and noticed that you have just been discharged from hospital. Glad to know that you have more or less recovered. Looks to me that you had CCF (Congestive Cardiac Failure) or Heart Failure in layman's terms. You are probably taking a diuretic plus a heart pill (an ACE inhibiter or something similar). Do look out for early signs of recurrence, e.g. shortness of breath on exertion, and particularly ankle oedema or swelling around your ankles (Press on the bone on the inner side of your lower leg and if it leaves an indentation, you are retaining fluid). Don't wait for your scrotum to swell! Also watch out for difficulty breathing when you lie flat in bed. Seek help when any of these occur. Your doctor have probably advised you on lifestyle changes..
Pretty much spot on.

McGyver

Energetic
I’m sure your doctor has told you to take extra precautions to avoid exposure to anyone who may be sick or have been around anyone who is or was... I probably don’t have to tell you, wear a mask around others, wash you hands, etc...but please do... be extra, extra careful.
Folks with CHF/CCF are very susceptible to any respiratory illnesses and exposure to even a simple illnesses can have very bad results.

Hornet3d

Wise
Late to the party as usual but my wife has been back in hospital for a few days so not been around much. Anyway, great news you are at least on the mend, take it easy for a while and get back to 100% slowly.

Great to have you back.