• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Just for Fun - [GameTime]

Stezza

Dances with Bees
of course I rendered this in Carrara..... :applause:

anyways just a bit of fun for all... and testing out your knowledge/memory :bee:

Game time?

Most people will only I.D. four of the TV shows these machines are in.. can you get the 8 shows these 9 machines are from?
Yes 2 are from one show.... this is hard!

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I've got the easy ones: Batman and Beverly Hillbillies. And Thunderbirds, I assume?
Not sure about the others. Is there a Johnny Quest thing there?

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Thunderbirds, Beverly Hillbillies and Batman are the pretty obvious ones.... then it may start to get harder :eek:
You are thinking along the right lines for one of them.. ;)

Clue time: here's a theme clue for the two that comes from one show... but which two :confused:
:devil"

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Well my hubby was on the right track with no.7 he said it looked like it was something from Hanna-Barbera :D

Stezza

Dances with Bees
A few more have been worked out ... over on the Carrara Board...

so between here and there there is one ( No.4 ) elusive machine yet to get..
Clue - cartoon series in the mid 60's

upload_2018-2-10_10-27-10.png

sapat

Brilliant
QAV-BEE
I was thinking #4 was Jonny Quest. I can't think of any other cartoons that far back anymore. I was between the ages of 10 and 19 in the 60's so that's a big gap!!

Now that I look more at #8, are you sure that's from VTTBOS? I like #4 since it has the little round viewports on the front for looking out while they're under water. #8 has the look of a land base vehicle. I'm probably wrong, but that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

Stezza

Dances with Bees
yep.. 100%

I modeled that a few years ago, it was probably the least seen sub in the series... after the flying sub and the dive bell..

Number 4 is stumping everyone...

I did do a render of it and posted it in the 'I just wanted to post an image' thread... can't remember which page... but the answer is there lol

clue: it was one of the first color anime cartoons to be shown in a dubbed form in the U.S., and later in Australia and the United Kingdom.

Riccardo

Adventurous
Noooouuuuu! Me too... I loved The Impossibles but thought of The Jetsons for n°7 instead.
Just got the Batmobile and Thunderbirds (maybe because of the writing on the vehicle).
Well, at least I could tell about this when people thinks I watch too much animation... ;-)