• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Just a heads up - Renderosity security compromised again

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I know it is more hassle but if you wanted something from Amazon you could set up a prepaid debit card.
You know, I was surprised to see you and FL both mention Amazon, as I've never had a problem purchasing anything at Amazon, though I have to say I've only purchased one "expensive" item from them in quite a few years, and I wound up having to return it, and now have a "gift card" at their site for the full amount of the returned item. Now-a-days, I only purchase Kindle eBooks, most of which are free.

As far as Renderosity goes, I'm one of those who's switched to using my PayPal account back in November, as it's easy enough for me to add funds from a small checking account I keep for just that purpose.

Hornet3d

Wise
You know, I was surprised to see you and FL both mention Amazon, as I've never had a problem purchasing anything at Amazon, though I have to say I've only purchased one "expensive" item from them in quite a few years, and I wound up having to return it, and now have a "gift card" at their site for the full amount of the returned item. Now-a-days, I only purchase Kindle eBooks, most of which are free.

As far as Renderosity goes, I'm one of those who's switched to using my PayPal account back in November, as it's easy enough for me to add funds from a small checking account I keep for just that purpose.

I mentioned Amazon only in response to the comment that Amazon does not accept Paypal. I have dealt with Amazon now for well over ten years and I have never had any problem with my credit card information being insecure or any product I have purchased from them. The only minor issues I have had is one non delivery and one 'Prime' delivery that was late and both issues were resolved to my satisfaction with just an email. I purchase almost all my Christmas and Birthday presents for the family from them as well as lots of household items and food for my dog and there is never an issue.

September of last year I have purchased a couple of Echo Dots which gives me voice command control over my heating, lighting and other electrics. My wife and I both own and use a Kindle and a Kindle Fires and with Prime membership we also use the Amazon TV and music downloads on a daily basis. To say we are pleased with Amazon would be an understatement, of course others may well have had a different experience but I can only speak as I find.

The sad fact is that I was, a few years ago, building the same level of trust with Renderosity but the my relationship with them went sour around the time of the changes to the their Prime membership. It was not so much the changes but the pathetic customer service and the zeal with which they were able to throw their own venders under a bus that trashed any budding trust I had for them. The credit card breaches were then just nails in the coffin, but again, I can only speak as I find.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Glad to hear you finally found how your card number was getting stolen FL. I don't think I've ever heard of a security breach with Amazon, and I wish more places online used Amazon Pay. I trust Amazon far more than I trust PayPal.

I'm also Prime, with an Echo Dot and Kindle Fire, and have shopped at Amazon for like ... forever. Other than groceries (FreshDirect) and the odd prescription a few times a year (CVS), just above everything else comes from Amazon. I've also never had a problem other than the odd delivery failing to arrive on time or needing to be returned. Their isn't anyone to accept packages after 7:30 pm weeknights here and there is only someone available on weekends until mid afternoon. Consequently, those late deliveries aren't really the fault of Amazon.

Amazon has always been good about returns, and the one time I had glassware broken, they replaced the whole set at no cost. The cat food (Acana) and cat litter (EverClean) I buy isn't easily available locally, if available at all, so those come from Amazon too.

I actually prefer Netflix over Amazon Video, and it's easier to find videos at both Netflix and Hulu than at Amazon. But ... I do like some of the Amazon Prime Originals, and some of the series I love are only available through Amazon.

I wish the culture at Amazon was better. It's the one thing about Amazon I really hate. But then, they aren't the only corporate environment that's toxic for employees. Sadly.

Oh and Hornet? Have you seen the new Echo? Echo Show is an Echo with video! And a pair of speakers too. Of course, it's priced a bit more than Echo Dots.

Faery_Light

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Well, I never really had a problem with Amazon on stuff I buy and my card was always safe.
But I had no idea where the thief came from till the last time and I knew the card had not been used anywhere but locally.
With Walmart I just had a problem, they changed my store of preference and sent my in-store pick up to Warrenton, MO.
Warrenton says they can not ship it to Washington now so we have to pick it up there.

We can't go that far but my daughter has a friend who works in that town and he said he will get it for me.
And it is fully paid for.
No one seems to know why the location was changed.

At least with Amazon I get my packages.

Hornet3d

Wise
Glad to hear you finally found how your card number was getting stolen FL. I don't think I've ever heard of a security breach with Amazon, and I wish more places online used Amazon Pay. I trust Amazon far more than I trust PayPal.

I'm also Prime, with an Echo Dot and Kindle Fire, and have shopped at Amazon for like ... forever. Other than groceries (FreshDirect) and the odd prescription a few times a year (CVS), just above everything else comes from Amazon. I've also never had a problem other than the odd delivery failing to arrive on time or needing to be returned. Their isn't anyone to accept packages after 7:30 pm weeknights here and there is only someone available on weekends until mid afternoon. Consequently, those late deliveries aren't really the fault of Amazon.

Amazon has always been good about returns, and the one time I had glassware broken, they replaced the whole set at no cost. The cat food (Acana) and cat litter (EverClean) I buy isn't easily available locally, if available at all, so those come from Amazon too.

I actually prefer Netflix over Amazon Video, and it's easier to find videos at both Netflix and Hulu than at Amazon. But ... I do like some of the Amazon Prime Originals, and some of the series I love are only available through Amazon.

I wish the culture at Amazon was better. It's the one thing about Amazon I really hate. But then, they aren't the only corporate environment that's toxic for employees. Sadly.

Oh and Hornet? Have you seen the new Echo? Echo Show is an Echo with video! And a pair of speakers too. Of course, it's priced a bit more than Echo Dots.

Our views on Amazon seem very similar and yes I did see a report on the Echo Show which discussed it and also said it could give fashion advice on which outfit to wear. Sounded great until I realised I would have to buy a second suit for me to use the feature:).

I do think that the Echo and the Kindle Fire make a great combination, it allows me to link into my 'Hive' system (seems appropriate for a forum post here) and give controls over heating, lights and power sockets. I know it is lazy but it is really nice to stay a little longer in bed and tell the Echo to put the heating up, I love a warm bathroom first thing in the morning. I also use the recipes in the Alexa app to use motion sensors to turn lights on, great when moving around the house at night when you have hands full.

Hornet3d

Wise
Well, I never really had a problem with Amazon on stuff I buy and my card was always safe.
But I had no idea where the thief came from till the last time and I knew the card had not been used anywhere but locally.
With Walmart I just had a problem, they changed my store of preference and sent my in-store pick up to Warrenton, MO.
Warrenton says they can not ship it to Washington now so we have to pick it up there.

We can't go that far but my daughter has a friend who works in that town and he said he will get it for me.
And it is fully paid for.
No one seems to know why the location was changed.

At least with Amazon I get my packages.

That is why I suspect that Renderosity was responsible for more than just the two breaches they have admitted as I only used the card in question there. The only time I have shut down the card I use on Amazon was when I had a warning that the my card information was available on the Internet. There was no fraud and I do use the card at places other then Amazon. I have a separate card for paying locally and the one card I never use is my bank debit card accept at an ATM once every few weeks.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Echo Look is the fashion Echo, which was introduced last month. Definitely one Echo that doesn't appeal to me whatsoever!

Echo Show is the one being released June 28, 2017. In addition to doing anything the Echo and Echo Dot can do, you can also make and receive video calls ... as long as the other person has an Echo Show or the Alexa App or voice calls if they have the Echo or Echo Dot.

If you have a compatible security camera, you can use Echo Show with it. Now ... if they add the ability to stream Netflix, Amazon Video, or Hulu ... I might consider one. The screen is smaller than my current Kindle Fire, but about the same as a previous Kindle I used for streaming video.

upload_2017-5-10_7-51-36.png

Wouldn't surprise me if Amazon eventually releases an even bigger video type echo ... maybe even a smart tv type echo :p

Hornet3d

Wise
Echo Look is the fashion Echo, which was introduced last month. Definitely one Echo that doesn't appeal to me whatsoever!

Echo Show is the one being released June 28, 2017. In addition to doing anything the Echo and Echo Dot can do, you can also make and receive video calls ... as long as the other person has an Echo Show or the Alexa App or voice calls if they have the Echo or Echo Dot.

If you have a compatible security camera, you can use Echo Show with it. Now ... if they add the ability to stream Netflix, Amazon Video, or Hulu ... I might consider one. The screen is smaller than my current Kindle Fire, but about the same as a previous Kindle I used for streaming video.

View attachment 26064

Wouldn't surprise me if Amazon eventually releases an even bigger video type echo ... maybe even a smart tv type echo :p

Thanks for the update, I got my Echos mixed up and assumed the one I had seen with the camera was the Echo Show. I certainly like the sound of the Echo Show and with a sister in Canada and a Brother in Poland I could see it being something I could make use of.

Amazon certainly does seem to have taken a march on the home automation front the fact that I can use it to control Hive is due to a 'skill' and there are quite a few skills available with more being written all the time. The support for IFTTT can only improve the situation. Now if only they could come up with a make art command rather than a make art button..........