• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Jungle Weapons Pack

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am currently working on 3 projects:

* Superhero Suit for Dawn
* Legend of Tarzan for Dusk
* Jungle Weapons Pack

Running the promo images for the this last one now, featuring CRCW's Taka character and the upcoming loin cloth for Dusk. Maybe I have to find a fancier hair. :p I was pleased that the default weapon's materials look just as good on SuperFly, as seen below. Nothing had to be changed. I wish I had more poses for Dusk I could use in promos - something on the jungle theme.

Promo_Main.jpg

Promo1_800x600.jpg

Last edited:

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thanks Lorraine! It was well worth waiting for the support promo materials. Taka is quite a looker, the best-looking male character I have seen in a LOOONG time. Perfect to wield the jungle weapons. It's like they were meant for him. ^^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I like the way Taka has this option for a dirty and bruised version I can't find anywhere else. Really adds character! ^^

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
True. Nataani has the dirt maps but the battered individual is distinctly lacking in Dusk's portfolio.

NapalmArsenal

Distinguished
Contributing Artist
SCHWEEET!! Those are fantastic images Ken!! I love how the shield came out!! I think it was well worth waiting for! =) He's such a yummie cookie!!

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Thank you! I am not happy with the pose on the 2nd image, and might try something else. I was rather skeptical about SMS' claims that Superfly supports Poser sharers, but now it seems it really does! I was also surprised how these images have rendered in less than minute using SuperFly on GPU mode. The second one took 38 seconds. O.O

D

Deleted member 325

If you find yourself in need of a promo Artist, I am always willing to take a crack at renders.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I like that Aquilles Hair Ken. It fits well on Tarzan, erm, excuse me Taka. ;)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I have redone all promos to fit the proper size, and include renders from Firefly, Superfly and Octane. All images indicate which renderer was used.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
@Miss B Sometimes we have to look at the old and dusty side of the library to find some gems. ^__^
I know, but until Joe sets up his store here and creates the much needed Dusk addon for his Hair Conversion System, I'm stuck. I tried working with one of SAV's hairs last night on Dusk, and failed miserably.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Looking good Ken! Yeah I like the M3 hair better too:) More Taka's style:)

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Miss B If the hair is conforming, the secret is NOT to conform it, but parent it instead. Then you can freely manipulate it. Poser and DS do not have a command for this, so we have to use the hierarchy editor. ^^

@CWRW Thank you, Laurie! I have already added support for Taka in my Jungle Weapons Pack. ^^