• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Jungle Weapons Pack

eclark1894

Visionary
I know, but until Joe sets up his store here and creates the much needed Dusk addon for his Hair Conversion System, I'm stuck. I tried working with one of SAV's hairs last night on Dusk, and failed miserably.
I've been meaning to try this, but couldn't you export the hair into Blender, fit it to Dusk's head, re-import in into Poser and use the setup room to conform it to his head. Or you could re-import it as a morph for the original hair.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Ken, I was just wondering after our discussion on the Office Lady product whether there will be DS versions for any of these current projects in particular the Super suit?

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@Pendraia Good question again. No plans until my DS products sales start to pick up. There doesn't seem to be a significant demand for DS versions at the moment, but things can change. Have you tested Office Lady in DS 4.9? One of my beta-testers said she could use everything, and the only thing was the vest materials needed some adjustment. Please check it out and let me know how it went. I only have DS 4.8.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Haven't had time yet Ken...I've been busy writing reports for school. I only have 4.8 also. I haven't updated to 4.9 yet.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
You can "parent" a cr2? I thought you could only do that successfully with an hr2.

YESS! In both Poser and DS, you can parent anything! :D But of course, you can't use "parent to" with a CR2. Instead, use the Hierarchy Editor to drag the item root over the figure's head. But do NOT conform it, or else you won't be able to move it anymore. Just add the CR2 to the scene (without conforming), and drag it over the body part you want to parent using the Hierarchy Editor. Piece of cake! ^____^

eclark1894

Visionary
YESS! In both Poser and DS, you can parent anything! :D But of course, you can't use "parent to" with a CR2. Instead, use the Hierarchy Editor to drag the item root over the figure's head. But do NOT conform it, or else you won't be able to move it anymore. Just add the CR2 to the scene (without conforming), and drag it over the body part you want to parent using the Hierarchy Editor. Piece of cake! ^____^
You can't use "conform to" to parent a CR2. You can use "Set Figure Parent" which will also bring up the Hierarchy editor.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
@eclark1894 Exactly - conforming removes the ability to edit position. There are many ways to do things in Poser, but I prefer to do parenting directly in the Hierarchy Editor because it's simple drag and drop. It might look more natural for DAZ Studio users, who are used to having the Scene tab open by default. :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh, of course, DUH! I should've known to do that. ~shakes head~

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I am closing this project for testing, and once that is done, it goes to QAV. ^__^

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
A teaser while the package is cooking at QAV.

ADS_Banner_1180x500.jpg