• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Issue with Taka in Material Room

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Got the update installed-looks great… Thank you so very much Laurie, for going through all that work! What a pain with all the versions of poser… But we poser users sure appreciate your work!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
I finally started work on Taka - this is a very rough test render with no post work whatsoever. (I did get the SAV Spartacos hair shown in one of Laurie's Taka renders because it is the best "Tarzan looking hair")

Taka has no specularity for the poser Pro 2014 firefly materials. I kept wondering why in spite of my firefly render doing an SSS pass in rendering Taka, there was no shine to his skin whatsoever. I checked all the nodes and specularity was black with no numbers at all either in the main specularity or in the alternate specularity. Nothing had a color or a number.

So I went along each body part in the material room and change specular to white, and made the value 0.500 and that resulted in giving Taka a nice overall body shine. I have no idea if there are specularity settings in the superfly materials or other poser versions, since I am one of those with only poser 2014 and needed the fix for the nodes to show up.

Warm&Soul lights, tweaked by me, depth shadow instead of raytrace (suggested for this hair by SAV).

Anyway what I have done is a very subtle shine I may experiment with making the specularity 1.0 I had also tried using easy skin but that completely washed the texture itself out even with my special settings to try not to affect the texture color. So it was much better to go and just add a little specularity. Apparently even when a node is not plugged into specularity by simply enabling it with white and a value poser will see it as shine.

Here is an image showing the before and after of my experiment:
TakaNoSpec.jpg

Last edited: