• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Issue with Taka in Material Room

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It was the first thing that jumped out at me when I compared Taka with one of the Dusk SSS materials.

Let me tell you ... there are a LOT of pos lines!!!

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Oh, I should clarify too. The first pos number isn't 8 or 10 for ALL nodes. Just the Poser Surface.

That would put the first "column" of nodes at about pos 252.
The second second column of nodes at about pos 520

With pos 8 or 10 on everything, you get all the nodes stacked on top the Poser Surface. :oops:

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I am fixing now and rebuilding in P10. Looks like that is working just fine. Aiming to get those to Alisa tomorrow. I won't make that mistake again:) Live and learn! Since it was fine in P10 I didn't know there would be a problem in pp2012 and 2014 since I've never owned or used those versions.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
View attachment 10243 Yep that is what I did In PP2014 to mess it up. Sorry But when I use the firefly mats afterwards this is what I get. This is PP2014 render all defaults on lights etc.

Is this with Gamma Correction on? I strongly suggest in the ReadMe to NOT use GC. (There is no GC support in P9 which is why I make my MATS for no GC)
Also I am not a fan of the poser default lights for many reasons . I never use those as an ideal test light set. Here he is in p10 with default lights with no GC

TakaP10DefaultLts.jpg

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
So I rebuilt all of the Firefly MATs for Taka and sent to Alisa just a bit ago.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
This has been updated - please redownload Poser version. DS only has ReadMe changed to reflect the update. I'll post shortly in the update thread :)