• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Issue with Taka in Material Room

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
HELP! What am I to do with the corrupted set up in my Poser Pro 2014 material room for Taka??? I am sure I used the right files!
I have a feeling that Poser 11 is NOT backward compatible, firefly materials or not! Should I submit a ticket or is this here enough to get help? I can delete text and pic here, if it's inappropriate... just figured other Poser Pro and below may have the same results. :(

PP2014MatRoom.jpg

I was SO excited to get my hands on Taka and even do a teeny bit of fun tweaking in the material room.... I'm sorry as a Poser Pro 2014 user I can't be a beta tester and help....but with my hands.... shouldn't even be TYPING this out, but....

PS the CWRW Loin Cloth materials DO show up CORRECTLY in my PP2014.

Last edited:

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Lyne, have you tried rebooting? I tested Taka in PP2012 and did NOT have any problems like that! Though I will go and double check right now.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Huh? my PP 2014 is working fine with everything else... should NOT need to reboot....

PS and does not change anything...

Sunfire

One Busy Little Bee
QAV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ooookay that's totally <censored>.

They were NOT looking like that when I tested them, I'm pretty sure of it. *scratches head and wanders off calling out* Alisa we got a problem!

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Don't bother with a ticket - we'll get on top of this, Lyne - thanks for letting us know :).

I moved it over to the Questions thread.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Apparently it's happening in PP2012 & PP2014 but not Poser 11. We'll get this addressed :)

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Huh I just checked in P10 and they are fine. I don't have either PP 2012 or 2014.

I tried to load Taka materials using PP2014 and it said the file had a newer version number than expected. Poser will attempt to read it anyway. And the result was nothing you could render. Some stuff invisible, some white and some black.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yeah. Happens with me in Poser Pro 2014 too.

Rather than rebooting, I just closed the scene file and opened a new one and my Poser Surface was as expected.

Check the pos numbers. It's an insanely big number!

pos 4294945399 191

That first number really should be something like 8 or 10.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I just installed the finals and checked the Firefly version MATs numbers in Text Wrangler- all say version 9 (as they should...)
Def should not be any issues at all with P11 regardless of FF or SF.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
I tried to load Taka materials using PP2014 and it said the file had a newer version number than expected. Poser will attempt to read it anyway. And the result was nothing you could render. Some stuff invisible, some white and some black.

That sounds like you tried to load the Superfly MATs. Coz yeah they will look terrible in Firefly and vice versa:)

taka FF2014.jpg
Yep that is what I did In PP2014 to mess it up. Sorry But when I use the firefly mats afterwards this is what I get. This is PP2014 render all defaults on lights etc.

Last edited:

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yep. That's the problem.

I changed all those huge position numbers to a 2 to 3 digit number and the Poser Surface is fine now