• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

Iray DS Base Shaders

Szark

Awesome
Seems like mostly definitions/assumptions question to me:
A. In reality all is approximated (have measurment error), including Euclidian space as approximation.
B. In common abstract assumptions (Euclidian space and real numbers - as opposed to rational numbers) circle with exact area should have irrational diameter. So you can't 'draw' such a circle.
and this is why I stick to simple things, in plain English, that I can understand.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I find it's not so much big words as jargon words. Or big words that on their own make sense but when combined with other big words and/or jargon become senseless and unintelligible to those without the code.

Szark

Awesome
I am slowly getting together the info on how to use Metalicity in the Metalicity/Roughness Iray base shader. I am doing this in little spare time I have these days. It surprised me how much info there is on just one channel but does go in to other channels associated with Metalicity. :) It should give you a good insight on how to use strength maps i.e. Weight and Roughness maps.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Was 'sweet as' a saying when you were here? I think it's only come in the last few years.