• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that our store and forum are on two separate servers so you will require a separate login for each. The store will ask you for your Real Name (WILL NOT BE displayed to the public) and the forum will ask you for a User Name (WILL BE displayed to the public). You may use the same email address and password for both.

Iray DS Base Shaders

Szark

Awesome
Seems like mostly definitions/assumptions question to me:
A. In reality all is approximated (have measurment error), including Euclidian space as approximation.
B. In common abstract assumptions (Euclidian space and real numbers - as opposed to rational numbers) circle with exact area should have irrational diameter. So you can't 'draw' such a circle.
and this is why I stick to simple things, in plain English, that I can understand.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
I find it's not so much big words as jargon words. Or big words that on their own make sense but when combined with other big words and/or jargon become senseless and unintelligible to those without the code.

Szark

Awesome
I am slowly getting together the info on how to use Metalicity in the Metalicity/Roughness Iray base shader. I am doing this in little spare time I have these days. It surprised me how much info there is on just one channel but does go in to other channels associated with Metalicity. :) It should give you a good insight on how to use strength maps i.e. Weight and Roughness maps.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
Was 'sweet as' a saying when you were here? I think it's only come in the last few years.