• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I'm so excited!!!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes, the original versions of Myst and Riven I purchased for my Win95 computer years ago were created with Bryce. Eventually they were updated, and all the other games in the series, were done with Maya.

Not surprising since Maya is so expensive, and with the very high popularity of Myst and Riven, the team that created the early games in the series, were then able to upgrade the software they used for the rest of the games. I eventually got the newer updated versions, but I haven't played with any of those games in years. Hmmmmmm . . . .

Desertsilver

Busy Bee
Congrats Miss B. Your interview had such a great range of work--very impressive!
I especially loved the piece called Dolphins, and the ( fractal?) Amoebas.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Earlier today I found out it's official that yours truly (me) has been chosen Renderosity's Member of the Month for January 2018!!

♪♫C♪♫O♪♫N♪♫G♪♫R♪♫A♪♫T♪♫U♪♫L♪♫A♪♫T♪♫I♪♫O♪♫N♪♫S♪♫!♪♫

Miss B

CV-BEE
I especially loved the piece called Dolphins, and the ( fractal?) Amoebas.
Yes, those are both fractal images, and both were surprises. Sometimes I have no idea what I'm looking at, but these two both stood out and named themselves as soon as I saw them. :)

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks everyone for the congrats. I'm still walking around with a smile on my face. :D

quietrob

Extraordinary
. . . and I just can't hide it . . .

OK folks, I'm doing a happy little dance :snoopydance::snoopydances: and I'm here to tell you why.

Earlier today I found out it's official that yours truly (me) has been chosen Renderosity's Member of the Month for January 2018!!

I'm so excited . . .
and I just can't hide it . . . :happydance::happyflip:

Anyway, if you're at all curious, here's a link to my interview, as posted on the Renderosity website -->
Member of the Month for January - Miss B
This makes it official. You are amazing!!! Way to go!

quietrob

Extraordinary
Holy Cow!!!! Myst and Riven were done with BRYCE!?!??! wowowoww.... I loved those quest "games" - just to LOOK AT THEM... had no idea they were done with Bryce... been ages since I used that software...I'm STILL learning Poser... (after having Poser since it came to PC, no less!) LOL!!

Hugs and congrats again!
That is some knowledge. I mean to make the graphics that were hailed back in the day with early versions of that software? That's like programming in DOS!

Tiny

The real me
Contributing Artist
Congratulations Miss B! Well deserved indeed. :applause:

I played Myst and Riven just the other week. Due to being a bit senile I didn't remember how to "solve them" so it was lots of fun. Still have the rest of the series to look forward to. Got all of them at Steam for a silly good price.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks Tiny. I also have them all, but bought them the old fashioned way . . . on disks. ;)

Roberta

Eager
Congratulations!
I have the (physical) versions of the Myst saga games. I do not know if the versions I have are made with Maya. I've had them for many years.....

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks Roberta. I think the team switched to Maya with the 3rd game in the series, so if you have them all, you probably have the newer versions.