• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I wish we had..for Dusk

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Yes you understood, I'm just greedy and want more :D

Are you looking for expression morph dials, or just presets, kind of like face files that spin the morphs to get specific expressions?

The biggest hindrance with expressions on Dusk (Dawn and Luna too, but it's much more obvious, and painfully so, on Dusk) is the unnatural deformation of the mouth anytime you try to give him a smile or open his mouth.. his entire upper lip just scrunches and tries to disappear into his head. LOL

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
really? I just find the smile often sort of creases at the corners for me... so I dial the smiles (individually with the MOUTH dials) rather than the expressions... which I find do the mouth a BIT too extreme, while the eyes/cheeks don't "smile" etc.... but the mouth does not go away, unless I'm MIXING morphs (like putting Dawn's dials on Luna)... maybe it's a DS thing? I'm using everything in Poser...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I haven't looked at it much in Poser, so it might be different there. But yes, in DS at least, the upper lip scrunches very unnaturally, to the point that I don't even want to open Dusk's mouth more than a little bit. It sort of looks like the upper lip scrunches, while the corners of his mouth do not widen enough.

The solution I've come up with is to handle expressions on Dusk and Dawn the same way I handle them on V4 or M4 - I just go with the more subtle expressions, and that seems to help quite a bit, and allows for a more natural appearing expression.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I use DS and I don't notice any scrunching with the joy expression, smile or open smile. It does thin out the upper lip but if you check in the mirror that's exactly what happens when you smile. The top lip stretches horizontally and thins vertically. At least that's what my mouth does...I personally prefer subtle expressions but that's for totally different reasons. I just tried the same thing with Genesis 3 female and her mouth actually increases in size vertically which I just find weird...it does thin a bit if you combine mouth smile open with mouth smile simple but I know with my own smiles mine thins out more vertically than what genesis 3 did/does.

All expression when using other than the base character may require some tweaking though as morphing the face around the mouth and cheek area is going to impact on the expressions.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I'm the same way Rae. Making poses from scratch is just NOT in my wheelhouse. I'd rather find something close to what I want, and then tweak the hel.... errr .... heck out of it. ;)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I'm lazy (and hopeless) so was after presets :)

(I'm the same with poses, I'd rather start out with a preset and adjust to what I want as needed)

I'm the same way Rae. Making poses from scratch is just NOT in my wheelhouse. I'd rather find something close to what I want, and then tweak the hel.... errr .... heck out of it. ;)

LOL. :) I'll see what I can do in a little while once I have a few things off of my plate. Might be a week or two, though, as I'm trying to get a handle on DS rigging and morph importing right now.

Lorraine

The Wicked Witch of the North
The help out of it, Miss B? Or maybe the hellion out of it? The helix? Can't think what you were going to say ;)

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
more poses with other characters weather friend poses with Dusk or couple poses with Dawn or the animals etc.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
:grouphug:Good to hear about the Poses bit KageRyu, sorry about the health issues bit :(

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Some things I wish we had for Dusk!

Cavalry outfit (Old American West)
Calvary Sabre
Long Rifle
Old West Duster
Civil War outfits (American) Both Military and civilian

And for Harry, A cavalry saddle and accessories (But I think that may already be on the Big List).

I have also noticed that there are no Western Wood Forts anywhere.

D

Deleted member 325

Thank you all for the well wishes. I think most of the computer issues are as resolved as they will get, health is still touch and go - trying to finish what I have close and restart those that were lost in hardware failure now. Should have a bunch of supporting Pose sets for Dusk and Dawn over the next couple months. Possibly even, and don't hold me too close to this, some fantasy/sci-fi skin textures (still not happy with my texturing though).

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
That's actually nice Pen. It reminds me of forts described in books I've read over the years.