• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I wish we had..for Dusk

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Yes, but it's just not quite the right shape/style in how the pallisade is built in a western-style fort. They were right to call it fantasy fort.

Maybe One day I'll become a modellor.....but, not today! lol.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Forts kinda came in all sizes. For example ...

This is the replica of Fort Clatsop at the Lewis and Clark National Historical Park in Oregon ... which is a rather small fort, consisting of three buildings across from each other, the front gate, and a back wall. Granted, the fort was built as the winter quarters for the expedition, and was abandoned when the expedition continued on in the spring.

upload_2017-3-27_1-14-15.png

I only vaguely remember visiting Fort Clatsop when we were in High School. Our summer vacation that year was visiting the Lewis and Clark sites.

I do remember it smelled a heck of a lot better than Battery Russell at Fort Stevens in Astoria. In the late 60s, early 70s, Battery Russell was in horrid condition because of a lack of federal funding and vandalism. It smelled rather like the Philly subways do in summer :eek: For the same reason.

D

Deleted member 325

I used to know of some early American and frontier style forts in Poser format, but I am unsure if they are still available. I know one of the webstores is gone now (along with a lot of wonderful Tanks I wanted). I think Meshbox has some items that may be useable or kitbashable into a good frontier fort, and there may be some from Vanishing Point as well. If I have time after tending to necessary research today, I will try to find some links.

D

Deleted member 325

Yes, the more offered here, the more cross-theming I can do with poses and stuff for Dusk/Dawn too. For the moment I have some products in the works using props/weapons from elsewhere, as well as for the items from here I have.

eclark1894

Visionary
My personal thinking is that Dusk is really one of the most ignored Poser figures, that are non-SM in the Poser verse. Even Xurge ignores him and he's made stuff for Ryan 2.

I do have one thing I'd like to see. A Flight suit for both Dusk and Dawn.

eclark1894

Visionary
Guess I need to read more often. Still can't find the gallery I heard we have.

And I've already started the Flight suit I wished for.

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Earl, click Media at the top of the page beside the Forums tab. Once on the Media page, look under Categories. Expand any of the years, and you will find the monthly galleries.

Glitterati3D

Dances with Bees
Guess I need to read more often. Still can't find the gallery I heard we have.

And I've already started the Flight suit I wished for.

LOL, you're not alone Earl. I also had no idea about the monthly gallery.

For the armor, we need a ZBrush artist - it just needs all the detailing only ZBrush can do properly.

eclark1894

Visionary
I still have to model in some of the details of the Flight suit for Dusk, Mostly Zippers and pockets, but I started using what I'm calling the Marvelous Designer method of modeling, and frankly, it's easy as hell. It's basically box modeling to start off. Subdivide, then Shrinkwrap to get the basic shape and fit, then fine tune it and add any details you need. Even setting up your UVs is easier.

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Merged in some posts from aonther thread :)