• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I need encouragement, love and prayers…

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Hi guys! Had to turn on my computer to order groceries plus wanted to dip in here and "tell my story"...

It's been a BRUTAL (and still is a bit) recovery.... I think I sensed it was going to be rough (especially for me, with my over-sensitive/syndrome laden body) but gee! BUT!- the surgery itself went REALLY WELL- because it seems my bones are dense- but soft?! Don't quite understand that, but the surgeon said my teeth 'popped right out easily and fast' ! So that shortened the length of it... BUT... as he had time and "was in there anyway" he saved me a second trip by shaving off all my calcium bone bumps in preparation for dentures... so while I really appreciate him saving me from another trauma, it added to the pain and swelling afterwards... and did I have a TON of pain...and a TON of swelling! (and bruising- I have rust red...well... "clown make up" !?.. that looks like it melted down my chin, down my wattle and even (today) down in a line to my collarbone and below!? Still, as of today it's starting to go away.

The "brutal" part was that I apparently didn't get across to the surgeon that my body NEEDS a codeine based pain killer- and not the new fangeled pain meds...so I had two rough days- the one he gave me (Tramadol?) did NOTHING, plus he did not get across to me how much I'd need Motrin for swelling... and who knew the pain would press on my sinuses (and the tube put in left on nostril and one side of my throat really raw) besides my mouth/jaw area and even chin... Once I had taken his pain med, realized it was not going to work, I had to wait it out before I could safely just take two of my own meds... THEN while that heavy of a dose can make me feel 'barfy' and just icky, it took all the pain away...BUT STILL I didn't have any Motrin (or anything like that) here...and so the swelling was raging... making it impossible to drink water, let alone eat...

I ended up in the ER, because I knew I was dehydrating and was desperate for a better pain relief... but AGAIN, I just wanted something related to mine... well this time they gave me a liquid hydrocodone...which IS related but did NO help AGAIN?!?! (I've had this odd or lack of response to meds all my life, it's related to Fibro)

So waited it out in agony till I could take my meds.... at least by this time I had some Motrin... well joy- it also did not like me- does it have caffeine in it or something? It keeps me awake at night, and gave me hot flashes (at the recommended 300 mg dose per the ER doc) and muscle knots all over?! Still, knowing I do not react well to Advil and aspirin is a blood thinner (bad for healing) I have stuck with it, just "dealing" because it WORKS... and I know that swelling = pain ....and I have to be able to drink water!!

Today is the first day I woke up with a normal sized mouth! I can see the light at the end of the tunnel...I've been able to eat - even my chicken ground very fine, and even put a bit of salt on it! Yay! I forced food, until yesterday when my appetite came back...

I have some stitches that have one end let loose, (feels creepy!) but doing my best to ignore them...they are dissolving, so they will resolve in a few more days I guess...also looked in there this am, and some of the bone is starting to be covered up by what... skin/scabbing?... It still HURTS if I even gently touch anywhere around my nose and mouth and a lot of that has to do with my "Fibro-nerve sensitivity"... I can have an itch and forget, start to scratch it, and go OW! ... woops!

Talking- I can talk... (well, try and stop ME, the original chatter box) from talking... but seems like as my mouth/lips/jaw heal it keeps changing shape and I have to keep re-learning how to make sounds... and it can be frustrating... but I'll get there... and yes, I'm TYPING this, but I figure my hands/finger joints have had a lot of time off lately... ! Plus I want/NEED to "tell my story"....

I've started to taper off the pain med amount already, that helps...but apparently I can't with the Motrin YET, but I'll get there... I'm due to go for my re-check Thursday after next...

I've spent most of my time resting/watching TV (once I got the pain meds right)... today I'm on the computer because I have to set up my grocery delivery and I did want to get on and let everyone know how I'm doing...

My AC did decide to REALLY die... and our weather turned HOT and muggy... ! Figures! It's supposed to do this in August (we get tropical weather up from Mexico) but now!? argh!! Of course! and I SHOULD HAVE minded my intuition and just gotten a whole new unit last week, when I had it recharged and waiting for the warranty parts (the coils) to come in... I listened to everyone trying to help me save $- they meant well, but I should have listened to myself, because while they found the leak in the coils, the compressor was dying too, and I just wanted to be DONE with it... my health (living with all windows closed at all times because of my immune system) just can NOT tolerate the heat with no AC.... and now I've had to wait till they could get a unit in and reschedule their techs... so Wed. morning early, they will start... it's going to be a bear to do, as I have NO gate to the side yard, just a narrow door at the side of my garage! (it's called a 0 property line) They may have to lift it over the fence!! But my gal at the company said not to worry about it, they will work it out...

Heat with my situation makes me SO ILL... but thankfully the 8 lbs of freeon the emergency tech put in on Sunday night is holding - so far- and the compressor actually tripped it's something back ON ... which my son, who's been talking for me (!) to them didn't mention so as to not let them put off their work date!.... so I'm surviving so far... it's to be VERY hot here today again....and every single time it goes on, pumps cool air, I say a prayer of Thanks!! (not kidding!)

I got my surgery paid off, but this will take the rest of my savings.... I'll be ok but again but GEE whiz!

I can't do art yet, still need to rest, my head feels so ... well... icky/heavy... but that'll come...

Flint read me your posts, and I was so grateful... still am... ! :grouphug:

Last edited:

Alisa

RETIRED HW3D QAV Director (QAV Queen Bee)
Staff member
QAV-BEE
Oh, wow - what an experience!!!

So sorry it was such an awful ordeal, but VERY glad that it's finally starting to be better for you, Lyne - you get lots of rest - your art will wait til you're feeling better.

Fingers crossed with the AC - I'm a complete heat wimp having moved from the East Coast to the Pacific NW in the late 70s (I acclimated very quickly lol), so would be a complete mess with heat and no AC (we rarely need it here, fortunately)

Welcome back to the world!!

mininessie

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
oh sweetie! really that was a hard thing...i knew it was going to be,because is too much to be done together...but ....well...now that it is done i hope you recover fast and well....my prayers are with you ....big ,big hugs!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thank you, ladies... I'm starting to NEED my meds, so will shut down and go back to my 'haven' for meds/meals/Nickie cat and TV... I'll be back when I can! :)

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I can't imagine going through an experience like that, so I'm glad it's over, and your starting to heal.

Also glad you're getting the new A/C unit installed on Wednesday, as that will help a lot with the rest of your healing, even if it's just knowing you won't have to worry about it any more. One less thing on your mind, as the saying goes.

Take care Lyne, rest easy, and we'll all be here when you're ready to come back full time. :grouphug:

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Glad the surgery went well...really sorry to hear that recovery has been so hard. Good news that your beginning to heal and getting the new airconditioner. Take care of yourself...get lots of rest!:grouphug:

quietrob

Extraordinary
Alisa gave great advice. Stay ahead of the pain and take the painkillers before you are in discomfort. Get your rest and don't try and do too much. Remember everyday you get a tad bit stronger. A lot of tad adds up to full recovery. Now excuse me. I'm heading to my bookie to place a bet on you.

I know a winner when I see one.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Aww, that's so nice, Rob! Yes, that was important advice I was given after my hysterectomy - that if you wait til you are hurting, it's too late, because it takes time for the painkillers to take effect. They want you to take them regularly for the hopefully short time you'll need them.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
*Very carefully and gently gives you a hug.*

Please get well soon sweetheart. One step at a time okay?! Take good care of yourself

:flowers:

Hornet3d

Wise
Alisa gave great advice. Stay ahead of the pain and take the painkillers before you are in discomfort. Get your rest and don't try and do too much. Remember everyday you get a tad bit stronger. A lot of tad adds up to full recovery. Now excuse me. I'm heading to my bookie to place a bet on you.

I know a winner when I see one.

Horrible experience but glad you are getting there. The above seems good advice, I remember the advice given to a heart surgery patient that was being discharged when I was in hospital in Australia some years ago. "We want you to exercise but not over do it, walk for about ten minutes and then stop, if you feel OK then do 15 minutes the next day. The main thing is to stop BEFORE you feel tired." So translating that to the pain killers take them before the pain hits.

All the best, we are all thinking of you.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Hi All!

My bad/old AC did NOT last till Wed. am (still really grateful the guy put IN the 8 lbs of freeon, learned later it only holds that amount so he had pity on me!!!)...it died totally on Tuesday so I really had problems with heat...had to get my ex to buy/bring me a fan, and until he came, I sat in my car in garage (yes door OPEN!) with AC on to cool down! I was better once I got a fan, kept using wet rag, but got no sleep on Tuesday night, feel like it set my whole recovery back again, but I slept, really slept, better once it was installed.... I did leave off my middle of the night dose of Motrin, maybe part of the reason. (it works WELL as anti-inflammatory, but affects me with muscle knots and hot flashes?! argh!)

But I'm SO much better with my new AC, installed yesterday! It's BIG - Energy Efficient...and my guy put a whole new platform, said the old one (it was VERY old, the BAD company had not replaced or checked on it when they installed my "old" AC in 2011!) because it was not large enough and it was NOT level! He said a badly installed unit can be wrecked by non-level platform! Figures- that company I had back then was the worst of the worst! I'll be a little leery of new unit until it runs well for a month...they DID have to lift over the fence! Yikes! But such a relief! The whole house, even afternoon sun heavy "kitty room" gets cooled better!!

Also least my "clown face mouth/chin/neck" bruising is fading, I'm already back on my normal level of meds, and being ok swelling wise, may leave off Motrin now to be more comfortable TO rest! :) I'm just using a salt water rinse now, out of the pharmacy stuff.. still got threads "floating around in there"... eeeuuu... but pushing to the side gently....it's been 7 days and he said they'd dissolve in 7 to 10 days? not sure they are... but oh well. Bone is starting to cover with tissue now too...

It's been a long haul but finally I can JUST recover (knock wood!)...and my muse is just starting to want to create, so mulling over ideas (I create in my mind for a while before actually starting)... but not enough energy to actually sit here and do that yet...

Sorry I went "on and on" bout it all... just helps to talk about it...

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
...it's been 7 days and he said they'd dissolve in 7 to 10 days? not sure they are... but oh well.
I had dental surgery years ago after I was in a minor accident, and hit the top of my mouth on my car's steering wheel. It caused one of my top front teeth to loosen from the gums around it, which caused pus to form, and hurt like hell. My then dentist sent me to an oral surgeon who did the procedure, the name of which I can't recall now it's been so long, and the stitches DID dissolve before I went back to him to have them taken out, so 7 to 10 days is a fair estimate. Of course, I didn't have as many stitches as you did, but it really doesn't take that long.

Alisa

Staff member
QAV-BEE
Oh, so good to hear that you got the new AC and are feeling better!!

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Thanks, Miss B... I think I'm just impatient...and too, realized I'm having an FM flare from the stressful time of no AC, then having them install the new one...I always seem to forget that my FM flares 24 hours later after a bad time... funny how that works... rather like bruises don't show the day off, but come up the day after...

Speaking of which, my 'dark rust' bruising is both fading and turning YELLOW... eeeuu!! and it's still traveling around my face, up a cheek bone, down my neck... it's all quite creepy.... (for Halloween, maybe?! ;) ) I guess too, ALL of this is a new experience, being I've never had major surgery in my entire life!! That is very lucky, I know... but it's why it's all a mystery to me now.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Just FYI... I'm starting to type toooo much... so I'll close this thread (or just stop posting) with my HUGE HEARTFELT THANKS TO EVERYONE... YOU ALL HELPED ME SO VERY MUCH!! :grouphug: I'm on the road to my old self now... (with the help of our new kitty too! ;) )