• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Love ...

Hornet3d

Wise
Not surprising Pen. We don't own our pets, our pets own us. They give out the orders, and we follow. ;)

Ain't that the truth. When we went the the rescue centre looking for a dog we were drawn to the one barking madly before all the rest. We looked at them all but could never get the first one out of of our head despite the fact that we were unsure about all the barking. We went back for another look and he was curled up in the corner of the kennel as quiet as a mouse, we were not quite sure if he was showing he could do quiet as well or if he already knew he had found his new family. We are sure he chose us, not the other way around, and, though generally well behaved the house is run around him to a large degree.

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
I love free tutorials, especially written ones. I was just banging my head against a Poser Python problem (part Poser being a butt due to the erroneous assumption that figures are never children, part Poser's Python API being obscure), so I did a search for my problem. Amazingly, I came across Allstereo's freebies at Rendo, which includes a PDF tutorial on _exactly_ the method I need to understand. I don't know that it will make things better, but it sure as heck can't hurt.

Thanks to all the people out there who have taken the time to share their knowledge.

pommerlis

Noteworthy
Contributing Artist
A list of what I love, sjééézzz, you people have a couple of hours. There's not much room or time in my life for hating anything really. Maybe frustration or getting angry sometimes but I never stay in that place for long, it costs me to much.
Love is easier and more fun. Anyhew, I love:

• My wife, 27 years of us against the world. Though this country was the first to acknowledge same-sex marriage, what is written in law is not necessarily accepted in the hearts of people.
  • All my pets from past, present and who knows what the future brings. At the moment our Noodles the dachshund is the joy of our life. She fills me with laughter and frienship that needs no words.
  • Nature, plain and simple, all creatures great and small.
  • The smell of the earth itself when I garden, I can almost feel the heartthrob of this planet when I work in the garden.
  • The smell of freshly mown grass, rain on soil, pinewood
  • The sound of thunder, storm and wind howling around the house
  • Seeing the colors of the rainbow, making up figures in the clouds
  • The feel of rain on your face or when the wind hurls the sand on your cheeks at the beach
  • Hot chocolate with whipped cream after a walk outside in stormy weather
  • The lights buzzing in the kitchen while preparing for dinner
  • Huddling on the sofa together with snacks & drinks for our favorite TV-show
  • I looooooove Dutch cooking, now I know that takes alot to understand from people who never tasted it. Esspecially since we do have a soup that - when prepared right - you can eat with a knife & fork. And we tend to eat raw fish but o man - nothing like real, sturdy, honest Dutch cooking that will last you through any kind of bad weather that nature can throw at you. Particularly my grandmums - bless her soul - cooking who made the best "zult" ever.
    If you are squeemish don't ask what it is, believe me, you don't want to know.
  • I loooove the newly caught fresh Dutch herring, with raw onions of course.
  • Food in general, from all over the world
  • Music, can not live one day without music
  • Christmas!!!!! Boy do I love christmas! I'm an addict for sure.
  • I love life itself, in all it's facets. The good & the bad. All the big and small experiences that brought me here to this moment in time, making me who I am today. All the people I have met, the nice and the nasty. They all played a part somehow, however big or small.
That's it,...I think. Not sure, there may be more.....
Love you guys :D ;)

eclark1894

Visionary
Just like money. We don't own it really, we just have a loan of it for a while before passing it on in a store.
That may be more true than you think. Did you know that technically, you don't own the money in your bank account, the bank does. When you deposit the money into your bank account, you give the bank permission to use that money anyway they see fit. In return, the bank gives you a credit for every dollar you deposit. It's those credits which are transferred from one account to another.

Did you know that a bank is always supposed to keep enough actual money on hand in case of the unlikely event that every customer of the bank suddenly wants all their money back at the same time? Don't think it can happen? Ever watch It's A Wonderful Life? That scene where everyone goes to the savings and loan to take all of their money out of the savings and loan? That's called a run on the bank. People lost confidence in the banking system, the banks couldn't make any loans, etc. etc. Our economy is a total house of cards. Take one card out and the whole thing collapses.

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
Yes and that's why our government here had to guarantee the all of the various banks stability after the crash of 2008. They guaranteed to stand over each citizens savings up to I think €100,000.

kobaltkween

Brilliant
Contributing Artist
Yes and that's why our government here had to guarantee the all of the various banks stability after the crash of 2008. They guaranteed to stand over each citizens savings up to I think €100,000.
In the US, they did that after the crash of 1929. When I was in high school, it was up to $500, 000. I think it's still about there today.

James R.

Busy Bee
I love when the weather warms up after a nasty cold spell and it’s safe to go outside again and enjoy a sunny winter’s day. Such a welcome relief after being cooped up!

I’m still pining for summertime though...

0B62826D-9205-4605-A035-6B342CA5E2C3.jpeg