• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Love ...

LisaB

HW3D Vice President & Queen Bee
Staff member
Co-Founder
Okay folks, if you're going to have a "Pet Hates" thread, I'm going to have to insist we have a thread for everything opposite "hate". You get what you focus on! ;)

For every post you make to the Pet Hates thread you must also make a post here.

:love:I love it when I am thinking about someone and I suddenly get a phone call, email or text from them.

:love:I love the way my dog suddenly appears as soon as I cut into a watermelon. He sits very still and attentive while I cut his into chunks. So cute!

:love:I love when people hold the door for me when going into a store. It's a little gesture that takes a couple of seconds out of their day but it means so much to me.

:love:I love having my family over for dinner and getting to spend time with my grandkids.

:love:I love that my "job" is something that I enjoy doing.

What about you?

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
I like this thread! I love my cats! Two black panther kitties named Zad and Johnny, 15 and 14 years old. I love Poser! I love a good meal and I'm fortunate to be able to have one everyday if I choose. I love gardening, roses and sunflowers especially even though the sunflowers aren't doing too well this year. I love lots of things. Oh and HiveWire! I love HiveWire!

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
I love the place I live in because I get treated with courtesy and friendliness in our local stores rather than the 'old fart' (a term which I've heard more than once!) to be gotten rid of asap, an attitude which seems to be all to prevalent in other places I've visited!

I love my granddaughters for the endless joy, fascination and wondrous imaginations they bring into my life, and of course, their mom's for pretty much the same reasons.

I love just sitting somewhere quiet and peaceful and watching the rain fall, the sound of the sea and the laughter of children.

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Ohhh something that I used to LOVE and haven't done since I was a teenager was to walk through the Pine plantation just after it rained. That dusty smell you get after rain mixed with the Pine was heavenly.

Oh and something I haven't done in around 30 years and still miss just about everyday is being around horses.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Have you ever had Rice Pudding Stezza? My mom used to make great Rice Pudding.

McGyver

Energetic
Okay...
This is gonna be hard...
Stuff I love...

• Chocolate pudding in 8 pound cans...

That's not accurate... I merely "like" it and the kind I like is extinct now...
I'm pretty sure anyone who has perused my nonsense before was expecting me to say that, so I sorta had to lead with that.

Stuff I actually love...

• Good people... Not saints or people who I'm told are good, or worse yet tell me they are good...
Genuine uncertified good people... They can even sometimes be the worst people, but they are the ones that really want to and try to be good, they may fall short at times but they tried their best.
Good people who do good things because it's the natural right thing to do...
People who understand there is a world out there... Not just them, but a whole world... A universe full of amazing things that they are just a tiny, tiny little bitty speck of, but they are happy to be part of it.

• Wonder.
You can be two or two hundred but I love when I see wonder in a human... It's even more amazing when it's in an adult or someone who is no longer a child... It shows that even if just for a moment they realize there is more to life... the universe is bigger and more amazing then the world we immerse ourselves in and have come to expect.

• Most baby animals... Yeah, I've even taken care of my mortal enemies offspring... Baby squirrels.

• Small humans... Kids are super annoying, but the truth is most of them are at heart better then most of us... They still haven't learned to be like stupid adults and if adults emulated their better qualities more often, the world would be a better place.

• Earth from space... If more people could put that image in context to our being, they'd realize how stupid everything that we do up close on the surface of the planet is...

• The rest of the universe... Seriously, billions of galaxies, bazillions of stars, trillions of planets, millions of worlds and some idiots want to own a friggin' mansion and a yacht...
You can be the richest person on earth, but you still can't own a star you idiot.

• The ocean... That's our outer space on earth... It's vast it's breathtaking and it's full of Dolphins and octopuses.

• Discovering something new on my own... I don't care how many people know it already, it's awesome to figure out something complicated without a manual or instructions or having listened to a professor lecture about it until they've disintegrated every last funicule* the topic is made of.

• Fixing something that there was no reason in hell for it to ever work again... And you had no idea what exactly was broken, but using a combination of the force and intuition you find something that doesn't look right and cobble together a fix... Bonus points if it was just using your multi tool (Leatherman tool) and whatever nonsense was at hand and even more awesome if you are in the middle of nowhere and it saves the day.

• Lightning storms. It must be hereditary, but my mom loved crazy weather and lighting and I do too... One of the coolest things that ever happened when I was a kid was I was about 50-70 feet from a big oak that got blasted by lightning... I felt like Zeus for the next hour or so. Back when my dog was alive, we both used to sit out in the summer storms and play in the rain.

• Coming home from some stupid adventure and seeing the lights on at home... Well, not just the lights and everyone went out left them all on... Just like when you come back and it's evening or night and there is a light left on for you...
We don't have a real porch, but we have a small enclosed porch-like thing we call "the Foyer"... It's nice to see that light as I come in the driveway.

• When wild animals don't attack me... That sounds like I get attacked by tigers and hyenas a lot... But I mean like when a rabbit, a deer, a hawk, a raccoon or yeti just wanders over to check you out and say hi and spends a few minutes with you and goes on their way... Nature can be annoying sometimes, but every now and then it doesn't try and sting or bite you and those moments make up for the bad ones.

• Inventing stuff... Crazy stupid fixes for stupid problems... Or just making something... Well something that actually works or doesn't suck or refuses to exist... Like Hannibal from the A team used to say... "I love it when a plan comes together".

• Flying... Mostly in a plane, but twice in a car wasn't so bad...(the landing part wasn't fun though)... Flying is awesome.

• Climbing up really tall things and not fall off and dying... I love that.

• Coming home after a long trip.

• Seeing a meteor.

• Learning new stuff and seeing how it all fits together in a bigger picture.

• My family.

I have thousands more, but I'm getting boring.
That and I really aught to eat dinner...

Good night folks!

*Funicule: The smallest unit of measurable fun a topic can provide. Analogous to a molecule, but less literarily correct.

McGyver

Energetic
Have you ever had Rice Pudding Stezza? My mom used to make great Rice Pudding.

You should try Keer... I might not be spelling that correctly, but that's Indian rice pudding.
My mother-in-law makes delicious Keer.
If you try it in a restaurant and it sucks, it's because they aren't making it right... Some place butcher it... It's less of a desert than a punishment... But good Keer is super yummy.

Edit- correct spelling is "Kheer".

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I love ...
  • How, no matter where she is, when I open a container of cantaloupe or yogurt, Tsuki comes running because she absolutely loves them both. Perhaps even more than tuna!

• How she sprawls out on her back on her scratching tree.

• How she likes to sleep in a box next to the computer when I'm at it. Even if sometimes it takes her an hour to settle.

• How she will sometimes let me hold her when I'm at the computer, and she will snuggle against my shoulder. Sometimes, she will initiate it by jumping up on me.

• My prius c and how enjoyable it is to drive. I love my independence in that I am able to drive.

• The Night Sky full of stars.

• The ocean and falling asleep to the sound of the waves.

• A snowstorm when I'm safe and snuggled up in a blanket, especially if I don't have to go out in it until the roads and streets are clear.

• Living in an apartment that is warm during the winter and cool during the summer.

• I love those all too rare times when I have no aches or pains and no itchy skin.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
So Stezza, what is Baked Rice?
My Grandfather did the best old fashioned Baked Rice Custard, I could never do it, just tasted like sweet scrambled eggs :(

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Baked rice the Maltese way ( my sister married a Maltese fella )

is rice ( obvious )
mince meat
onions cut up
bacon cut up
eggs.. boiled and cut up
tomato paste
some sugar.....

mixed all together and baked in the oven.... yummo... an acquired taste though I think as none of my kids like it except for one... but they won't even eat veggies!!!!

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
My favorite rice is a recipe a friend's mother used to make. Cook the rice with spinach then put lemon juice on it once it's done.

I love where I live too. It's very, very quiet and peaceful.
That's probably because it's a retirement resort.
I love that people all over southern Arizona are cool.
Even when we all feel real hot 'cause of the weather, we go easy on each other,
are respectful to each other and let others be themselves.

I love waking up laughing. My dreams are spectacular.
I love having nothing to complain about and no suffering.
I love BIRDS! There are lots of birds around and they're fun to watch.
I love solitude. When I hike up the mountain I feel elated.
I love my bike. I go everywhere by bicycle and it feels so free,
no license, no registration, no insurance, no fuel, no pollution.

I love modeling. Scenes and characters and renders are fun, but modeling, for me, is the most.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Walking through woodlands, especially in spring when the bluebells appear!
Reading bedtime stories to my granddaughter Lucy.
Stargazing with my other granddaughter Sara, especially when she sees a star or planet for the first time. She burst into tears when she saw Saturn's rings this year because they were, "so beautiful!"
Shaun the Sheep because he's such a cool dude!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I love when a child I'm working with has an 'aha' moment and finally gets something they have been struggling with.

I love working with kids they are just such fun to work with!

I love my grandkids! And I love the fact I'm going to be an aunty again in January!

I love learning new skills and having my own 'aha' moments! Too frequently I get distracted by the process of creation...

I love the supportive atmosphere of this forum and how people help foster other peoples creativity!

I love my first cup of coffee for the day...

I love looking at Gods Rays and Rainbows...they are just awesome!

Bonnie2001

Extraordinary
I like....

Nutella on toast.

Having friends for sleepovers, or sleeping over at friends.

Shopping for clothes.

Trying new scents at the perfume counter.

When someone gives me a nice compliment.

When a guy I really fancy but don't want to show it smiles at me.

When my grandparents give me money.

Those days when everything just goes right.

Dawn

Engaged
Contributing Artist
I love my mum :)

I love the fact that I am my own boss.

I love it when someone I don't know calls me babe or darling. (But not in a sexual way, just an endearment. I know this would probably be the opposite for others, thinking it's forward, but I like it.) The delivery driver called me babe the other week and it made me inwardly smile.

Having finished my mortgage nine years ago having the foresight to take it out over 15 years and not 25 (I'd still be paying it now.)

The eureka moment on anything that has taken me ages to get right, then it hits me... EUREKA!
---

Baked rice the Maltese way ( my sister married a Maltese fella )

Stezza, is that recipe all raw ingredients when it goes in the over, except the eggs? My nieces are half Maltese, I call one of them my little maltesa as she's only 4 ft 11 inches. I might try that out as I got all the ingredients except the tomato paste, but can boil down a tin of tomatoes to a paste.

HaiGan

Energetic
Contributing Artist
Hmm...

Sleeping

Happydog (Our dog, when he is happy. His ears do the craziest things)

Open fires and the company around them

Spectacular thunderstorms

Drums that you hear through the soles of your feet

The smells of sheep wool and horses

The light-bulb moment when one of your pupils figures it out

The smell, feel and look of very old, well-cared-for books

Wordy, intelligent humor