• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Instead of having a forum for "each" of the different A.I. generators? I think the Mixed Medium is what that's for. I would assume Other subforums in the Mixed Medium forum can be started by anyone. Then a R'osity moderator can move the appropriate subforums into one such forum for all A.I. generators.

I do agree a more generic forum is a good idea, and the Deep Dream Generator forum can then be moved to the new A.I. general forum.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
Indeed, it makes no sense to make a specific category for every individual AI-generator. There should be a genetic one. Today I have suggested a new "Created with AI" category.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
~Even the Smallest~

Even the smallest creature can change the course of the future. Image composed in Stable Diffusion and Paintshop.

EvenTheSmallest.jpg

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist

Riccardo

Adventurous
Let's do the time warp again and pretend it's not late to wish everybody a Happy Halloween:

"Who is going to tell the Demoness that we probably have enough pumpkins for tonight?"
Halloween2022-1280x720.jpg

Made with Carrara - No A.I. involved
Models used:
Alcarine (pumpkin), Aiko 4, Kay's Leathers, Sarina A3, XStyle A3, Grimm Toon Skeleton, Nybras, Silverkey Bat, Miki Hair, Full & Feathered Hair, Darkworld Night Wings, Creature Creation Pack (wings), Cute bat (Mystic Art Design in Renderosity freebies), ShadowDancer V4 (Knife).
P.S. A special thought to Cripeman for inspiring the Mountain of pumpkins with his "Mountain of skulls" tutorial.

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Indeed, it makes no sense to make a specific category for every individual AI-generator. There should be a genetic one. Today I have suggested a new "Created with AI" category.
and sadly that thread won't go anywhere because wheatpenny started it off in such a way as to be a duplication to the Wombo thread. In other words a specific generator thread, and worse; a duplicate of an existing thread. I applaud your effort but you might be better off starting one yourself in regards to AI art in general or your views on a local install as in relation to paying per generation, or maybe the change in Collab for those going that way. Inpainting, outpainting, video generation via parameter modification or seed travel; there is a lot more to the topic that "look at my pretty picture." I ended up with thread lock and deletion when mentioning such things. Too many folk freaked out about copywriteing the results. Also a valid conversation in regards to the field in my opinion, but it involved my opinion which is not always warm and fuzzy.

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
There is always confusion when new things start up, so it should normalize over time.
Yes indeed. I posted my comment from here, over there; with a little more added as I didn't want it to seem I was whining and trolling. I have a habit of annoying folk without meaning to. I see everything is consolidating into a single AI section rather than scattered replication. I am happy to see that folk are paying such attention at Rendo.

Yes indeed. I posted my comment from here, over there; with a little more added as I didn't want it to seem I was whining and trolling. I have a habit of annoying folk without meaning to. I see everything is consolidating into a single AI section rather than scattered replication. I am happy to see that folk are paying such attention at Rendo.
I know the feeling, I was confused because not all the forums show for me, you need to tick the ones you want to see in your account, and I didn't know how to find that Mixed Media one, I think some thought I was being a troll for asking if it was a secret forum but I was genuinely lost and confused AF :laugh:
Then I got a DM from one of them that most post their art in the gallery not the thread because that is for discussion, yet she posts her art in the thread as well as spamming the gallery, another complains in another part of the forum about people spamming the gallery so I really am not keen on posting art anywhere now.
I enjoy their art though and look.

parkdalegardener

Adventurous
Yeah; I see a lot of that around the net. There are some common things I see with ai generated art.

The first is a spam of work from a person. The fact that you can kick out 50 ai renders faster than a single 3d rendered result lends to a spam of work. I personally think that if people spent a bit of time on their ai work, the way they would their 3d work; they would have better results.

That leads to the second thing which is crappy renders. People posting "look at my great ai render" images that are actually crap that they would have never released in the first place had they done it themselves.

The ability to do this stuff for free on your own machine leads to a plethora of images of dubious quality. I've referred to it elsewhere as "disposable art" and that got me in trouble.

As I mentioned over on Rendo; I use ai as a tool in the workflow rather than a tool of end result. I think there are a lot of people using these tools that have no real idea of the power in their hands. I see a lot of NVIATWAS type images being rendered as a norm. Just like with Poser or DS. We need our women to be well endowed and semi naked and the men must be powerful and godlike with a big weapon.

It's not that the tools are new. Midjourney and Dall-e aren't exactly fresh new faces. Wombo didn't come out last month. Time was the equalizer. Cost may be now as Google charges for computing units in Collab. People will have to modify their opinions though. AI art generators are coming to every operating system as part of their install and the same goes for image editors like Photoshop, cameras like the google Pixel with ai removal of people and things in your images. People will have to get over their paranoia of "ai" because it is becoming embedded everywhere.

Ken1171

Esteemed
Contributing Artist
I see a lot of NVIATWAS type images being rendered as a norm.

NVIATWAS have become the Poser's landmark. Actually, the first ones were made with Posette, way before Vicky's time. Consider this - if holographic projection was the popular thing at that time (instead of 3D), people would make NVIATWAS with that instead. As usual, people blame the tools for what people do with them.

We need our women to be well endowed and semi naked and the men must be powerful and godlike with a big weapon.

That will never change, no matter what tools exist, or will exist in the future. The only thing that is changing is our ability to be able to tell what a woman is. They need to come to my gallery to be reminded, in case they forget. LOL