• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Thank you!

I was amazed when I went looking for botanical reference images. I knew club moss and guinea pepper were real plants, but I only Googled devil's snare because I'd feel a fool if I didn't.

It turns out to be real as well. It's datura!

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Ohhh, I just looked up datura at Wikipedia, and that's one pretty flowering plant!

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
It seems to have been *very* popular in the late 19th century. I used to hit a lot of the old house tours around the Los Angeles area, and for years something like a third of the old Victorian houses would have a datura somewhere on the property. They are prolific bloomers, with really large hanging trumpet flowers, and really quite lovely. The pink variety seemed to be the most popular here, but I know it also comes in white and yellow.

It's toxic, of course. But then, so are a lot of plants which are popular in gardens. Like wisteria, which is another one that we saw a lot of on those tours.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
what do we do now at 11am each day!

and we lost the footy!
sad

anyways... thought I'd model an icon from a bygone era in Carrara.... only Aussies will know
cool

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I'm liking the look of that. I can already see some interesting renders floating around in my head. :whistling:

Guess I'll have to drop it into my wishlist for now ;).

Hornet3d

Wise
Oh I'm liking the look of that. I can already see some interesting renders floating around in my head. :whistling:

Guess I'll have to drop it into my wishlist for now ;).

There is not a lot from Patlane at present but what there is tends to be a little bit different to the norm and certainly very detailed.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Volume 5 is flashbacks, Godric's story and Rowena's. I've already posted their graphics.

Volume 6 is another one set in modern day. Toward the end of Volume 4, Nizar has finally re-learned enough of Cumbric to be able to translate the Potion which was used to treat lycanthropy in the Founders' time.

It's much moe effective than Belby's wolfsbane potion. For one thing, it greatly reduces the pain of the transformation, as well as allowing the lycanthrope to keep their human reasoning. It also contains no toxic ingredients.

It's been lost for a long time. Actually, it was probably too successful, and consequently, the curse died out in Britain, until someone brought it over again from the Continent. By which time, Cumbric was no longer in use, and the directions were inaccessible.

The morning after Lupin's first full moon using the new potion.

Circle-6.jpg