• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Stezza

Dances with Bees
watched the final episode of Lucifer last night...

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
The first volume of the series ends with a conversation between Nizar (who fell out of the portrait on Halloween 1995) and Albus Dumbledore in which Nizar convinces Albus to tell him the full content of the Trelawney Prophecy.

He promises not to speak of the matter to anyone.
He also doesn't think much of Albus's handling of the situation. Nizar is not that favorably impressed by Albus.

Nizar's friendship with Severus Snape has also been in place for something like 24 years. He really thinks that Severus needs to know the whole thing.
And Pensieves exist.

The situation as of the opening of volume 2.
Circle-2.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Just trying to get back into setting up some renders as I have not felt fully fit for about three weeks now. The spirit is now willing so I can do some basic stuff but doing anything really creative is a step too far, then again that is nothing new for me.

Reactor Room HW.jpg

Location is the Colony Reactor Room by Coflek-gnorg

Suit is one of my favorite fall back suits BorghildBodySuit by Hunter3D slightly modified to my character.

Hair is HR 248 by Ali

Carey

Extraordinary
Just trying to get back into setting up some renders as I have not felt fully fit for about three weeks now. The spirit is now willing so I can do some basic stuff but doing anything really creative is a step too far, then again that is nothing new for me.

View attachment 71129

Location is the Colony Reactor Room by Coflek-gnorg

Suit is one of my favorite fall back suits BorghildBodySuit by Hunter3D slightly modified to my character.

Hair is HR 248 by Ali
I love the lighting, but at the same time I hate it...at any rate it looks great

Hornet3d

Wise
I love the lighting, but at the same time I hate it...at any rate it looks great

I struggle with lighting in renders like this when using Superfly, in addition to the lights you have the reflection off of the metal parts and also the emissions from the reactor. I certainly need to do something about the lighting on the hair but it needs more than a tweak and I was not sure what it needed. I posted this to see what comments it might generate so thanks for taking the time to comment.

Hornet3d

Wise
I love Superfly now. Textures - especially metals - look so much better.

I love using Superfly and I have been doing so for a number of years now I just find balancing the lighting in some circumstances a little more difficult than before.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
I already posted the frontispieces for volume 3 of the series, which follows Harry Potter back to the founders era.

Meanwhile, in modern day 1995, Severus and Nizar are spending the Christmas Break (which was eventful) in a London flat owned by Salazar.

On January 2 they are both awake early for no better reason than that they felt they needed to be. On a hunch, Severus pulls three cards from a Tarot deck made up of illustrations of potions ingredients, which Nizar had recently given him.

The cards were Club Moss, Guinea Pepper, and Devil's Snare. They now suspect they know why they are awake early.

Circle-4.jpg