• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
A revisit the play I had with some mixing and matching. I was fairly happy with adding a full helmet to the CKV-01 suit changing the materials on the helmet to try and blend the two but I was not easy with the open neck of the suit which looked wrong with the helmet added. I have now added a neck section to try and make the helmet looked sealed with the suit.

Artifact Exploring.jpg

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Yes! The one on the right is the one I saw originally. I just didn't know where the "second" one was, unless it's that hard to see thing in the window on the left. Thanks for confirming that. ;)

Miss B

CV-BEE
started from two spheres in Carrara then some extrusion and negative bumping :notworthy:
It's been quite a while since I've played in Carrara, soooo if you used 2 Spheres, does that mean Carrara doesn't have Metaballs?

I've seen folks do similar types of shapes in Blender with Metaballs.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Oh, OK. So it was your choice to use the Spheres. Hey whatever works best/easiest for you, that's the way to go. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe was well aware that Turlough had a number of skills both professional and personal but if she had to pick two of her favorites it was his ability to make her laugh and the fact his story telling skills were well honed, steeped in the knowledge of story telling passed down from story teller to story teller through the ages. It made no difference if the story was based on intrigue, horror, one of haunting or of fun he could have you hanging on every word and never seemed lost for a new story.

Lab Stories HW.jpg

My first use of Colony Lab by coflek-gnorg. Dawn outfit is one of my favorites, Borghild Bodysuit by Hunter3D.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Well, I've finished my typesetting project, or this stage of it anyway, and have another group of frontispieces to post. These are personal reading copies, so the actual projects will never be posted. But I can share the graphics readily enough.

It's Harry Potter fanfic, as usual. And it's all parts of a long involved series, involving time travel, most of which takes place in the same general Potterverse "present" as canon. Other parts take place at various points ranging from the Founders' era to early 20th century.

However, it starts in 1971, when an 11-year-old Severus Snape is Sorted into Slytherin and makes the acquaintance of a portrait in a shadowed corner of the common room, which claims to be Nizar Slytherin, Salazar's younger brother.

Circle-1.jpg

Stezza

Dances with Bees
listening to Spotify when 'Little Deuce Coupe' started playing got me going!

I was thinking lets model a Deuce Coupe with those sexy looking spoked wheels... can't be that hard! can it?....

but not from a cube start from a grid... things just got wacky from there ... see the tree freshener!

this has taken two days.... unbelievable I know... I usually give up after a few hours.. but with Spotify playing in the background time just flew by!

yeah, I know... now you're all be singing little deuce coupe all day..
devil