• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
General comment...kind of OT but appropriate. People must be getting back to some kind of 'normal'. It could be my imagination. However, I notice that the number of postings to the forums seems to have increased recently.
No you don't imagine .. but it has nothing to do with people getting back to "normal" because back to normal means less time for hobbies and posting in the forums .
It may increase once the new line of figures hit the store and the rest of it ..

Hornet3d

Wise
A bit of a blend of old and new here.

The Brig HW.jpg

The male is a M4 based character called Vargan from MortemVetus which I have had for sometime but stopped using when I moved to using Superfly. Thanks to Ken 1171's SkinEdit script he now looks fine in Superfly.

The location is new being the Colony Brig for Poser and DS from Coflek-gnorg which was recently released.

I have also used lights from Level Up Superfly by Afrodite-Ohki which are really for studio work but can clearly be used otherwise.

Hornet3d

Wise
No you don't imagine .. but it has nothing to do with people getting back to "normal" because back to normal means less time for hobbies and posting in the forums .
It may increase once the new line of figures hit the store and the rest of it ..

I take your point but it is very difficult to define normal thanks to Covid. During the lockdown I picked up a couple more hobbies which I am not going to give up just because the lockdown is over. We will not be having a holiday this year as we do not want to the inflated prices due to the increased demand to holiday in the UK. I used to fly very often for my job some years ago and I already had an aversion to the god forsaken place called an airport so I have no real desire to go abroad on holiday. Being locked in a tin can where you meet the same people every day and are in close contact does not seem a great idea to us either so cruises are out.

Our closest town is now a depressing shell of what it used to be one of the main thoroughfares is called Commercial Road and that it certainly is not appearing like a mocking bad joke more than everything. Our twice weekly visits out, one for a meal and one for a coffee seem to be a distant memory, replaced with me cooking more and curling up in the summerhouse with a coffee. The garden is much improved thanks to the extra monies available with all the plants being ordered on line.

Add to that the sad fact that for a small minority the lifting of the lock down will go to their heads and generally spoil it for the rest. Sorry, some may see this as sad, but, we are really in no hurry to join the old world and definitely not the new version.

MEC4D

Zbrushing through the topology
Contributing Artist
I take your point but it is very difficult to define normal thanks to Covid. During the lockdown I picked up a couple more hobbies which I am not going to give up just because the lockdown is over. We will not be having a holiday this year as we do not want to the inflated prices due to the increased demand to holiday in the UK. I used to fly very often for my job some years ago and I already had an aversion to the god forsaken place called an airport so I have no real desire to go abroad on holiday. Being locked in a tin can where you meet the same people every day and are in close contact does not seem a great idea to us either so cruises are out.

Our closest town is now a depressing shell of what it used to be one of the main thoroughfares is called Commercial Road and that it certainly is not appearing like a mocking bad joke more than everything. Our twice weekly visits out, one for a meal and one for a coffee seem to be a distant memory, replaced with me cooking more and curling up in the summerhouse with a coffee. The garden is much improved thanks to the extra monies available with all the plants being ordered on line.

Add to that the sad fact that for a small minority the lifting of the lock down will go to their heads and generally spoil it for the rest. Sorry, some may see this as sad, but, we are really in no hurry to join the old world and definitely not the new version.
that why I used "normal" , what is "normal" anyway , nothing will be like it was before as people changed dramatically and with them everything else . And I get the line about the spoilers .. that is the worse , they did here for us too last year . I don't think we going to join the old world ever again , it is gone already and what bring the new world , nobody really know yet to be exactly .

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
I agree nothing will be like before. We're on alert in Victoria as there has been a small outbreak so now restrictions are back to wearing masks indoors when out.
I like your render Hornet...I'm glad that Ken's script has helped you to access older content.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Stezza, I always love the stuff you come up with.

My coworker was just doing a Marvin the Martian routine on the phone last week. But then, he does that every few weeks or so. Not sure how the little dude comes up. Probably because his solution for earth was always to blow it up.
thanks, ..... with the illudium q-36 explosive space modulator :D

so,went totally wacky the last two days.. in Carrara
meet 'Yobbo' from the planet Yob .... he got here early and enjoys bumming around the outback ( his mates are supposed to be coming in June! )

and then feeling a bit pinkish so modelled this guy along with a heart! .... how wackily Carraralicious is that!

robert952

Brilliant
Stezza, I always love the stuff you come up with.

My coworker was just doing a Marvin the Martian routine on the phone last week. But then, he does that every few weeks or so. Not sure how the little dude comes up. Probably because his solution for earth was always to blow it up.
Using his Illudium Q-36 explosive space modulator to create the earth shattering ka-boom. (Delays, delays...)

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
@Stezza I though yobbos were strictly Australian but that they come from another planet makes sense.

I love your duplo did you make it? (It's too big to be lego)

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe had taken an age to get ready and expected Turlough to be more than a little angry but he was very laid back. Now, as she watched him head for the door, she wondered if she should feel angry or amused, apparently the table was booked for nine o' clock not the eight he had told her.

Mountain View Apartment HW.jpg

Another new hair, for my runtimes at least, Hr-230 by Ali.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
:lol: :lol: :lol:Very cute....years ago when doing an art course I created some copper monkeys but that doesn't have the same ring!

Hornet3d

Wise
The enclave looked strange enough from the air but close up is was even more intriguing and the biggest surprise of all was the craft that sat right in the middle of it. The was no sign of there being any evidence of a landing, crash or otherwise and looked for all the world as if it had just been placed there. The growths around it suggested that it had been there some time but the growths were foreign to her so Caoimhe had not real idea of how fast the grew and so far she had seen nothing like this anywhere on the planet. The fact that the craft was sat dead centre of the enclave bothered her and raised the question. Could it be that the enclave had been contaminated by the craft and the growths were only there because the craft had carried the necessary seeds.

Idra Find HW.jpg

Enclave - part of Planet Irida by Petipet

Craft - Sci-Fi Artifact Jet also by Petipet.

Hornet3d

Wise
She wanted it to be perfect but now she had to accept she had done all she could the rest was left to fate. With the pressure somewhat relieved her mind came back to the realization this could be the last time she ever saw Turlough. He was due to leave at the end of the week, back to his time and his planet, those that knew her would have been surprised that she even cared but she did, even though it had been hard to admit it, even to herself. He was one of the few men she felt comfortable with, he never questioned her and, more than anything, he could make her laugh no matter what mood she was in. She would miss him terribly unless........well the night was young.

Romantic Gazebo HW.jpg

Location - Floating Gazebo by RPublishing (materials tweaked)

Dress - Red Carpet Dress by Glitterati3D

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Nicely done Hornet. I was looking at the Floating Gazebo yesterday. It's really nice, but I'm not sure how much use I would get from it.