• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Stezza

Dances with Bees
@Riccardo great to see a Carrara render ..... with chocolate and bunnies :) :flower03:

and space :alien:

talking of bunnies.....

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Grabbed it at Renderosity earlier, and then saw your post about the update, so downloaded it again.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
That Grey Havens set has two optional sea meshes; I've recently noticed that the "auto-tiled" one shows grid lines if viewed near orthogonally. I also spotted UV smearing near the corner of the steps of the pier. I'm working on it. Hopefully, there will be a Grey Havens SR3 before long. Test render of new water material (and re-mapped steps):
Cycles water test 3C.jpg

The skiff (the small sailboat) has been rebuilt, with a lap-straked hull (like that of the grey ship); I suppose I'll release the updated skiff also.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
I've re-modeled the Withywindle ferry, giving it a lap-straked hull, UV-unwrapping the railing scrollwork, etc. The boat itself looks OK, but I don't like the bow wave - or even the harbor water at this angle of camera and sun.

Harry stands in the central well.

Withywindle ferry Cycles water 4C.jpg

seachnasaigh

Energetic
Six times I had to go back into Silo because of losing the UVs of some part of the ferry. Now I'm working on the water material setup.

Withywindle ferry, with optional bow wave...
A3 Sylfie on the ferry with Harry 15a T.jpg

Harry standing in the central well...
A3 Sylfie on the ferry with Harry - closeup.jpg

The skiff at the Grey Havens pier...
elven skiff at Grey Havens 15a C.jpg

theschell

Brilliant
On this day, 103 years ago, Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen lost his life following a dramatic dogfight over the Somme River on 21st April 1918...

modelled & rendered in Carrara

One of the museums I worked at years ago had some items of his on display as a short term loan from another museum... It was an amazing experience to be able to touch a physical piece of that history!