• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Stezza

Dances with Bees
a bit more wacky modeling today in Carrara

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Arghhh! Just this week AprilYSH released *exactly* the kind of unruly mid-length mop that I've wanted for Harry Potter from the beginning. It even renders faster than the one I've been making do with.

Which means that I'm going to have to go back and patch *all* of the illos which have Harry in them. It've reached the half-way point in the project so that's something around 20 illos. And to patch them, I need to open them, and rather a lot of them are heavily populated scenes which do not want to be re-opened.

I foresee a lot of program hangs in my future.

In the meantime. I'll post what I have, so don't be surprised if at some point Harry's hair is suddenly different. That's the new improved version.

After getting Harry's new shoes, and escaping the Longbottoms, Harry and Snape make another visit to Flourish & Blotts, since Harry has taken an interest in runes, and history.

In Flourish & Blotts they encounter the Malfoys, who invite them to join them for lunch. Snape would have much preferred to postpone encountering the Malfoys, but at least Lucius was otherwise engaged, and Harry sizes Draco up as being "As spoiled as Dudley -- but he isn't nasty to me."

In 2011:
2011.jpg

And 2020:
2020.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
If I can get the files open it won't be too bad. But Studio tends to hang after I've opened one or two scenes and run render patches.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
For reasons beyond Snape's understanding, Albus had encouraged him to take Harry to the Leakey Cauldron to meet up with Hagrid in the course of the afternoon. Meeting Hagrid in itself was not a problem, but to do it at the Leakey Cauldron set off exactly the kind of celebrity mobbing which anyone of sense would have wanted to avoid.

All the more so when Harry, after coming face to face with Professor Quirrell, abruptly screamed, clutched his scar, and fainted.
He recovered a short time later in an upstairs room overlooking the Alley. Snape clearly had great misgivings about this unanticipated mystery.
2011:
2011.jpg

and 2020: (with Harry's new wig.)
2020.jpg

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Good to hear!

And, yes, it's a much better wig for the character (although there is a bit of layering over the original version on some of them.
Often, where I can, I'm re-using the sets and props from the originals. But there are definitely exceptions.

Hornet3d

Wise
Caoimhe had been the lone voice insisting that there should be some relaxation facility within the camp. Others pointed to their precarious grip on survival ever since they had abandoned the fleet and set up the bobble community on the nearest semi-habital planet. The powers that be had finally relented, she suspected just to keep her quiet, but only with a minimal resources and she had to find her own work force. Now she inspected what had been built through pure determination and the help of some of the other women in her flight. It had been hard as any work was in addition in carrying out their normal duties but she was adamant that all work took not only a physical toll but a mental one as well. Now at least there was some refuge and a place to unwind and think of home.

Inspecting the Dome.jpg

It seems and age since I have found the time to do a render, although that does not mean my runtimes have been starved in the same period. So, as is often the case, here is a play with new content. The scene is The Colony Dome by coflek-gnorg using the supplied superfly materials. While a tree is part of the content here it has been swapped out for a Flink version and the 'earth' that it is growing in is a cloth plane with a material applied that I have made up using commercial images available for the purpose.