• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
Am I the only one in the world who doesn't want to see ads ... anywhere? Not on billboards, not on buses (inside or out), not on trains, not on the subway, not online, and definitely not email. Just not anywhere.

I also don't want anyone sending me advertisements of any kind by US mail. Comcast (cable) is the worst offender. Verizon isn't nearly as bad. Followed by everyone who wants a piece of me now I'm medicare age. Most companies who send out catalogs have finally figured out I'm not going to buy anything from them, although there are a few who suddenly think I would be interested in their products, even though I've never shopped through them. Every month or so, I check my mailbox and throw away just about everything. I generally end up with about five pieces of mail that I take upstairs. None of which is really important enough to kill a tree.

Unless someone is sending me a check in the mail, they really shouldn't bother.

We have a similar problem in the UK which we refer to as 'junk mail', in my case that is about 70% of all the mail I receive. Never read any of the junk, I have a paper recycling box by the door so it only moves about two feet before going off to become............more junk mail.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Does Poser have anything like decals? You'd have to place them individually, but it would only have to be done once.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I drove to work for so many years, but during the years I took an express bus to work, I always had my head buried in a book.

Hornet3d

Wise
Aedan and Caoimhe had worked together on a number of occasions, he was two grades higher so in work the relationship was always very formal. Outside work was a different matter as thay had known each other from childhood and Caoimhe regarded Aedan as the brother she never had. There was little about their lives that they did not share so she was not surprised when he asked how things with Turlough going. Her hesitation spoke volumes but then came the one question she dreaded, how did she feel about him. It was a question that she asked her self most days and the answer varied from day to day and she never came up with a definitive answer. Unbeknown to her, fate was at that very moment throwing a curve ball that would make any answer to that question even more difficult in the weeks to comer. For it was just at that moment and that precise place Turlough had decided to drop in for refreshments and he knew nothing of the out of work relationshio she had with Aedan.

Courtyard HW.jpg

raven

Admirable
@Hornet3d - you can stop most junk mail for free.

For the leaflets the Postie puts through the door, go here Royal Mail opt-out . I used to be a Postie and always got people moaning at me for posting leaflets and no mail, so I told them how to stop it and that it was free to do so. Guess what? Most never bothered so still got leaflets. I'm opted out of unaddressed mail from RM.
For a lot of other junk mail go here mail preference service , it's like the mail equivalent of the telephone preference service. Should cut down a lot of stuff.
Like the telephone preference service, it probably wont stop all of it though.

Last edited:

Miss B

CV-BEE
Here we don't get mail if there's no address, and our building doormen don't allow folks to come in and stick such stuff under our doors.

We also don't get mail, especially in apartment buildings, if the apartment number isn't part of the address, so the only "leaflets" stuff I get, unfortunately, has my address on them. :(

Hornet3d

Wise
@Hornet3d - you can stop most junk mail for free.

For the leaflets the Postie puts through the door, go here Royal Mail opt-out . I used to be a Postie and always got people moaning at me for posting leaflets and no mail, so I told them how to stop it and that it was free to do so. Guess what? Most never bothered so still got leaflets. I'm opted out of unaddressed mail from RM.
For a lot of other junk mail go here mail preference service , it's like the mail equivalent of the telephone preference service. Should cut down a lot of stuff.
Like the telephone preference service, it probably wont stop all of it though.

Thank you so much for both of those links, I will have a look in the next few days.

Hornet3d

Wise
As Turlough drove the last of the mountain road he got his first glimpse of the villa and was not surprised to see it fully lit up, clearly Caoimhe was already there. She taken the Invoke, a car that only a true petrol head would own, and I knew she would have driven it flat out for most of the journey. Few had the skills to actually fully utilise the Invoke to it's true potential but Caoimhe was one of the few.

Villa 2 HW.jpg

Stezza

Dances with Bees
a Wacky Carrara Wagon in the zip file in the Wacky Modeling Thread over yonder for you all to experiment with, render with, retexture with or just modify and improve on with..
cool

with moving parts... the thingy that goes to the horse can go up and down with limits and front wheels can move left/right with limits..
have fun adventuring around town in this little buggy..... if you have a horse that is. Modeled in Carrara. :flower02:

you could even export it from Carrara and load in Poser as an OBJ ..... I reckon :cool:

Hornet3d

Wise
Weightlessness was a condition any sci-fi pilot could experience without warning and your chances of staying alive depended very much on how you could cope in such an environment. This is why the SSRB (Space Safety and Regularity Board) deemed that any pilot wishing to hold a permit to fly needed to pass a yearly check. Such a regulation ensured that Zero G training spheres had a steady stream of occupants. Caoimhe and Turlough spent as they could working out in a sphere and when they were on form they moved with such ease that it had all the signs of a choreographed dance routine. Each would call a number or a name which conveyed the next manoeuvre to be performed. As such there was no set routine just a series of random manoeuvres in response to the action called. The idea being that little warning was given to any movement making the response as unpredictable as any real emergency.

Zero G HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
The plan was to meet by the community area in the park and then go for a meal somewhere quiet. When Caoimhe had asked what she should wear Turlough's response was 'something you can feel comfortable in and not too formal'. He had seldom seen Caoimhe out of uniform and on the occasions when he had it had been formal dinners so he had no real idea what sort of outfit she was comfortable in. He was not sure what he expected but the way she looked now was certainly not what he had expected. As she walked towards him he had to admit to himself she looked stunning.

Park Meet HW.jpg

Miss B

CV-BEE
Nicely doen Hornet. I saw that set the other day and liked it, though wasn't sure I'd make good use of it, as I don't do that many fantasy type renders.

Hornet3d

Wise
Nicely doen Hornet. I saw that set the other day and liked it, though wasn't sure I'd make good use of it, as I don't do that many fantasy type renders.

Thanks. I don't do that many fantasy renders myself and I doubt I would have purchased it had it not been for the fact it was by Applejack and I fell across it while browsing his sci-fi content looking to see what i could add to my growing collection. Superfly is great for liquids and metal but I also love the effects you can get with lights and emissions and when I saw this I knew I wanted to have a play with it.

Hornet3d

Wise
The minute that her new car was delivered Caoimhe wanted to drive it but there was always this frustrating ritual of sitting there as the car's computer synchronised itself with her neural implants. The further frustration was the fact that, once this was complete, most of the controls of the car were superfluous, but regulations insisted they be installed in case someone other than her was to drive the car, as if she was going to let that happen.

New Car  HW.jpg

The car is the 'Zyclone Invoke' by Truform and while the Truform cars always have some form of interior it is unusual for it to be this detailed, even for Truform. I suspect very few of the buyers render the interior but it seems a shame not to do so.