• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
Their last few minutes together, Caoimhe saw the transfer imminent warning and knew they would soon be joined by the transfer team. The team always left it to the last moment, due to the forces involved, and the complex nature of the transfer, strict rules controlled their active time, as bonuses were paid on each transfer team members tried to keep the transfer time short and thus allow as many transfers per rota as possible. As the time became short the sense of panic and desperation grew within her and she had difficulty comprehending this was happening. She tried to read his thoughts but the telepathy link between them was weak as Turlough always seemed to resist and block her. For a brief instant their thoughts merged and she had a suggestion that he wanted to stay and all she had to do was ask but she had asked so often and the response had always been a flat no. Had she read him correctly, the telepathic link was weak and the insight far from clear. In the distance she heard the voices of the team as they approached the control room, should she.........

Time Control HW.jpg

Me195

Extraordinary
Thanks for the comments and the support. The main reason I moved to Dawn SE was I found the expressions can be far more convincing than V4.

CKV-01 is a fantastic outfit with many material options, it is so good it is almost my 'go to' outfit so I have to vary it a little. For me the only slight downside is I dislike having a bare mid-drift in items like this, it is a personal thing but I dislike it in the many fantasy outfits for female figures as well. For me the look is fine for glamour wear on a night out, I just do not see it being practical in work clothes or when you are heading into battle. Happily it is a very easy fix on CKV-01 and adds another variation to the outfit.
You're welcome. That was one of the reasons I moved to Dawn as well. My main reason was that she could bend so much better than V4.

I agree with you. CKV-01 is in my opinion the best flight suit there has ever been for Poser, and a solid argument can be made for it being the best sci-fi suit in general for Poser. It's perfect for sci-fi that leans more towards fantasy elements, but when you're trying to make sci-fi lean heavily on realism the bare midriff keeps you from making the suit completely utility. Not that there isn't a place for it in heavily realistic sci-fi. I think I'm going to steal your idea for the modification though. I've really liked the look of it since you started using the suit in your renders.

Me195

Extraordinary
Their last few minutes together, Caoimhe saw the transfer imminent warning and knew they would soon be joined by the transfer team. The team always left it to the last moment, due to the forces involved, and the complex nature of the transfer, strict rules controlled their active time, as bonuses were paid on each transfer team members tried to keep the transfer time short and thus allow as many transfers per rota as possible. As the time became short the sense of panic and desperation grew within her and she had difficulty comprehending this was happening. She tried to read his thoughts but the telepathy link between them was weak as Turlough always seemed to resist and block her. For a brief instant their thoughts merged and she had a suggestion that he wanted to stay and all she had to do was ask but she had asked so often and the response had always been a flat no. Had she read him correctly, the telepathic link was weak and the insight far from clear. In the distance she heard the voices of the team as they approached the control room, should she.........

View attachment 52427

I Really like the long shots in your stories. I'm not any good at those yet myself. but these are great.

steampunking in Carrara :cool:
Very cool.

Hornet3d

Wise
I Really like the long shots in your stories. I'm not any good at those yet myself. but these are great.

Very cool.

My imagination has always been fairly good, even as a child, my father was half Irish and the Irish tend to be known as great story tellers so perhaps there is something passed down. Not that I think my stories are great but I think they might help as my renders are not good enough to tell the story on their own which is down to the fact that my artist skills are virtually non existent.

seachnasaigh

Energetic
My first render since upgrading to Poser 11.2. A sort of test render trying out some new content and a sanity test on 11.2, though I expected it to work without issue as there were few changes other than to sort out the licensing issues. Knowing how and software install can go wrong I am always apprehensive and Poser 11.2 was no exception, in reality it turned out to be a breeze. Bondware did a great job and I was so impressed I have relaxed my self imposed boycott, of course, as soon as I did I found content to buy. Not brave enough to take and active part in the forums there, as yet, so this really is a 'toe in the water'.

View attachment 51599

Just thinking aloud - could we be looking at both Dawn 2 and Poser 12 in 2020...... what a thought, what stunning combination that could be.

Inspired by @Hornet3d 's train car render, I've worked up a self-illuminated Superfly MAT for -AppleJack-'s Futuristic Train model. This test render used zero Poser lights, to show that the meshlighting works. I don't recommend that you use it this way; you'll get the best results and quicker render de-graining by supplementing the mesh with strategically placed Poser lights. My render is a bit dark because I anticipate an end user will add Poser lights. I'll pack up this Superfly lightcaster MC6 for Futuristic Train as a freebie.
Futuristic Train interior pano C.jpg

Last edited:

3WC

Engaged
Contributing Artist
Really cool subway render! But I think if it were a real subway car, there would be only one map, and everything else would be ads. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
Really cool subway render! But I think if it were a real subway car, there would be only one map, and everything else would be ads. ;)

In the search for reality you are clearly right but this is how the default is set up. Seachnasaigh is clearly using this as a project seeing it as a good candidate for mesh lighting. I have done a test render and came to a similar conclusion to you so if was was to use it in anger, so to speak, I would modify it and I suspect it would not be difficult to do. Considering the great value of this product I am more than happy to spend a little time customising it. That is a very far away from having to tweak the default product in order for it to work, not a problem I have ever had with this vendor.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
:rofl: All too true, though the trains here tend to show the same ad across both sides of each car. That way, everyone in the car gets to see the same ad, no matter where they're sitting or standing. ;)

seachnasaigh

Energetic
All of the transparent display panels are a single material zone, so you'd either need to modify the OBJ (OK for personal use, but not redistributable), or use the Z-coordinate to get each individual panel to display its own image map. You could also use the X-coordinate to distinguish between panels on the left side of the car from panels on the right side. End users would probably suspect black magic. o_O

Satira Capriccio

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Am I the only one in the world who doesn't want to see ads ... anywhere? Not on billboards, not on buses (inside or out), not on trains, not on the subway, not online, and definitely not email. Just not anywhere.

I also don't want anyone sending me advertisements of any kind by US mail. Comcast (cable) is the worst offender. Verizon isn't nearly as bad. Followed by everyone who wants a piece of me now I'm medicare age. Most companies who send out catalogs have finally figured out I'm not going to buy anything from them, although there are a few who suddenly think I would be interested in their products, even though I've never shopped through them. Every month or so, I check my mailbox and throw away just about everything. I generally end up with about five pieces of mail that I take upstairs. None of which is really important enough to kill a tree.

Unless someone is sending me a check in the mail, they really shouldn't bother.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I'm not crazy about them either, but at least with the subway ads, I have some place to look, other than staring at the person sitting across from me on a train, or at least giving the appearance I'm staring at the person (or persons) sitting across from me on the train.

Janet

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Oh geez, I remember riding the subways in NYC. Seemed they would plaster the SAME ad in every spot on the train for a few weeks then it was replaced with a different one. You're right though it was something to look at.

Miss B

CV-BEE
Better yet, the huge ads plastered all over the subway station walls, though those are mostly for new movies coming out.

Hornet3d

Wise
All of the transparent display panels are a single material zone, so you'd either need to modify the OBJ (OK for personal use, but not redistributable), or use the Z-coordinate to get each individual panel to display its own image map. You could also use the X-coordinate to distinguish between panels on the left side of the car from panels on the right side. End users would probably suspect black magic. o_O

I can never see me being skilled enough to be a vendor so my comment were related to a user so personal use only.