• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Despite the almost clear skies Caoimhe had her very own cloud of doom over her as she approached the complex, known to most as the pad it consisted of two towers, the left the administration block and the right the research and development centre. Not so obvious was the vast area where the most sensitive research was done on which existed below both the towers and the waterline. It had been built by the government many years ago but after the wars and the growth of commercial companies it was now owned by....she winced slightly, her family. Not that they were free from government as a lot of the research was military and so the the government controlled and funded much of what they did. The nature of the research was the reason it was all housed on the pad, it was hardly free from attack from a hostile government but national forces would protect them from the outside world while the location made it difficult for any home grown terrorist to mount and attack.

She smiled slightly knowing her choice to use her Personal Runabout Craft (PRC) rather than a company taxi would rile her mother but then she was annoyed at being summon to the complex so it the choice gave at least a nod to rebellion. Her relationship with her mother had been difficult ever since her teens, she had the luxury of being born into money but her mother had also made her very aware of the responsibilities that came with it. Over the years the relationship had got better and also much worse. At home she was her best friend, well most of the time, but work wise it was a different matter. She was a hard business woman and when it came to company business she was hard on her girls, much harder then any employee. Anio, her younger sister seemed to cope with little trouble but she had always been a free spirit with a wild side. For her mum this was both a curse and a blessing.

She gained clearance to land and the anger boiled within her, she no idea of what this was about but if her mother wanted to speak to her at the complex this was not good news.

View attachment 49984
I love those towers - are those a product somewhere?

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
First Artwork, if you can call it that, in almost a year.
Retro Space Force
DeviantArt

I don't know why the image link option wont parse the link -_-

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Very nice indeed Kage. Very nice composition, and I especially like that spaceship. :)

KageRyu

Lost Mad Soul
Contributing Artist
Very nice indeed Kage. Very nice composition, and I especially like that spaceship. :)
Thank you. The ship is the ColonyMover by Shawnaloroc at Renderosity.
It was really tricky doing the fake reflection grid...especially since I didn't originally plan for it with the rendered elements. It seemed though in the 80's that type of mirror grid was a common cliche in posters, box art, etc... (or at least it stuck with me in some of my surviving collectible folders and toy art cut-outs).

Miss B

CV-BEE
Ohhhh, I just checked it out. Very nice detailing on it. I have a number of spaceships I've collected over the years, but none of his.

Carey

Extraordinary
One way to get a peaceful night sleep was to sleep underwater. Even a few meters down was enough to shut off the sounds of the world and give a real sense of isolation.

View attachment 50113
there we go sex sells....lol
Good old Miki 1. :)

Yr heading south? Hop on! ;)

View attachment 50048
Afraid I am going to have to turn you in, that is clearly an unlicensed nuclear power plant and those brakes don't look ABS...as for the bike....lol

Carey

Extraordinary
don't ask me why....

setup and rendered in Carrara :p

This is my family crest....lol great stuff

Miss B

CV-BEE
Fabulous Dak. I've missed seeing your wonderful artwork.

As far as inserting from albums, I think it's the same way it's always been done. I believe there should be a few links on the right, one of which you can copy and use here on the forum. I've not done it myself, but I think that's the way it was done before.

Dakorillon (IMArts)

Dances with Bees
Contributing Artist
Fabulous Dak. I've missed seeing your wonderful artwork.

As far as inserting from albums, I think it's the same way it's always been done. I believe there should be a few links on the right, one of which you can copy and use here on the forum. I've not done it myself, but I think that's the way it was done before.
Thank you, Miss B!

Previously, there was a "camera" icon here in the forums, that pulled up your albums/images and then you selected one. I'll have to look for the links on the images now and see if I can find what you are talking about. Thank you for your answer!

Miss B

CV-BEE
I can understand, but as I mentioned to Dak, I'm pretty sure there's a link on the right you can copy/paste in order to have it show up here in a forum post.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
It was simple before, you just went to the tool bar where you type the post and linked from your gallery instead of going to the gallery page first. (that way you can upload to the gallery at once then when you're ready just go to the tread you want to share to, instead of going to and from gallery each time you want to share)