• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
The catsuit looks good, and I'm liking that gun. Not sure about the muzzle flash, as it seems a bit too much. Maybe at a distance it wouldn't look quite so much.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
The catsuit looks good, and I'm liking that gun. Not sure about the muzzle flash, as it seems a bit too much. Maybe at a distance it wouldn't look quite so much.
I think the muzzle flash looks better at a different angle.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
Shoot! Real life got in the way, but I will be working very hard starting early tomorrow to get the catsuit packaged and ready to be uploaded.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
yep, happens...
good to see the links working again. Don't touch that button!

had a go at Modeling a ghost today in Carrara

Rokket

Dances with Bees
ff.png
sf.png

I haven't used Firefly in a very long time, so I forgot how to maximize it. So the top is Firefly and the bottom Superfly. I decided that I am going to make the stripes much wider, so they show up better and look more natural. I think I will also break up parts of the suit and make different materials out of it. I want this to look like a Marvel movie suit.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
new texture.png

I didn't like the thin lines, and there were too many of them that didn't make any aesthetic sense so I am reworking the texture map. I will offer this suit with this texture (which isn't quite done) and one with just a spandex cloth look to it.

I am also thinking about creating a mask to give this suit more than just the leather material. I am not sure how I am going to do that one yet, but I have a couple ideas.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
mats.png

In case you were curious about how I went about getting this done...
I still have to do the boot texture, but it's almost midnight here. I will start on that tomorrow. Then I will throw together a texture for just a single material that covers the boots and suit as a whole. I might try to do different things like the V4 bodysuit, where it hides the legs and arms, etc, but I am not 100% sure how to do that yet.