• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
I am 52, so a long way from retirement. I am a federal employee working for the Navy. I sail on the ships that replenish the Navy at sea. We get really busy for long periods of time. It can make getting anything artistic done a real pain. I am too tired in the evenings to even turn my laptop on, let alone create anything.

I recently redecorated the living room, not just painting but changing the doors and building furniture, a very long way from supplying ships at sea but I was still too tired to be creative in the evenings. Then again I am 65 and keep telling my wife I am far too old to do such things and I struggle to be creative even when I am not dog tired.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
the missus mentioned to me just yesterday that the lounge/dining room needs painting.... oh dread the thought!

hopefully she will forget about it :devil"

Rendered in Carrara - HWBig Dog

Doggie Deer :beehive:

Doggie Deer.png

Rokket

Dances with Bees
I recently redecorated the living room, not just painting but changing the doors and building furniture, a very long way from supplying ships at sea but I was still too tired to be creative in the evenings. Then again I am 65 and keep telling my wife I am far too old to do such things and I struggle to be creative even when I am not dog tired.
I don't have the skills to do that, let alone the tools or the time. Thankfully, we live in the Philippines, and craftsman are everywhere, and always looking for work.

Hornet3d

Wise
I don't have the skills to do that, let alone the tools or the time. Thankfully, we live in the Philippines, and craftsman are everywhere, and always looking for work.

You haven't seen the way the doors are hung, I am not sure you will say I was skilled either. I hated the idea of taking a chisel to the doors to cut out the indentations for the hinges when there are glass panels in each door. Still they open and close so I guess by definition they work as a door.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
You know, for a minute there I couldn't find Alvin, and was wondering if I was going blind. Then I went from top to bottom, and side to side, real slow and finally found him. ;)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yup. Noggins's old tarantula. Works perfectly well. Although it might be interesting to see an LAMH preset for it.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Yeah, they tend to be. There are tarantula people at the local reptile shows I've been to. (Why, I can't figure out.) Very fuzzy blots they are.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
I have a photo of one somewhere but can't find it... it was a huge one... but the hairs come in handy as they give the mozzies something to hold onto when they fly off with them ... o_O :flower02:

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Mizzies? OK, that has to be a colloquial name for an Australian animal/bird of some kind.

Rokket

Dances with Bees
You haven't seen the way the doors are hung, I am not sure you will say I was skilled either. I hated the idea of taking a chisel to the doors to cut out the indentations for the hinges when there are glass panels in each door. Still they open and close so I guess by definition they work as a door.
But you did it. I wouldn't have attempted it.!