• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
I agree, the superfly has potential but the horse textures need some work, mainly I think with specular which superfly struggles with using some firefly materials.
First of all, there are SuperFly textures for the HiveWire Horse. I just checked my PP11 Materials Library, and I have 2 folders, one HiveWire Horse, and the other HiveWire Horse SF. The .mc6 files in both are dated back in March of 2016, so have been around for a while. Check and make sure you have them as well.

HWHorseSF.jpg

As far as specularity goes, SuperFly doesn't use specularity, as it's built-in to SuperFly, so you can try unplugging any Specular nodes from the PoserSurface, or just set the Specular_Value to 0.0, if you want to render in SuperFly. How well that would work with the HW Horse, I don't know as I haven't tried it.

There's also the CyclesSurface and PhysicalSurface Root Nodes you can try for SuperFly renders, though the PhysicalSurface node is a lot less work to deal with, and it does have a node for Specular. ;)

Hornet3d

Wise
First of all, there are SuperFly textures for the HiveWire Horse. I just checked my PP11 Materials Library, and I have 2 folders, one HiveWire Horse, and the other HiveWire Horse SF. The .mc6 files in both are dated back in March of 2016, so have been around for a while. Check and make sure you have them as well.

View attachment 38912

As far as specularity goes, SuperFly doesn't use specularity, as it's built-in to SuperFly, so you can try unplugging any Specular nodes from the PoserSurface, or just set the Specular_Value to 0.0, if you want to render in SuperFly. How well that would work with the HW Horse, I don't know as I haven't tried it.

There's also the CyclesSurface and PhysicalSurface Root Nodes you can try for SuperFly renders, though the PhysicalSurface node is a lot less work to deal with, and it does have a node for Specular. ;)

I don't have the Hivewire Horse SF files so I will have to got looking for them. Thanks for the other information on superfly, I am still finding my way around so that is all good stuff, many thanks.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Rae, as I wasn't sure if it was an update, or the original downloads.
Well it was an update to the original download LOL (I think it got updated around the same time Harry got updated with Iray mats but I could be wrong). I think only some of the breeds have been updated, I don't think any of CWRW's stand-alone textures have been updated.

Miss B

CV-BEE
You're probably right about the timing with the IRay mats. The only other SF materials I have are for the thoroughbred and the Winged Horse. Then again, those are the only ones I have installed, and I think the only other "breed" I purchased was the Arabian, but for some reason it's not installed. Hmmmm . . . .

Miss B

CV-BEE
Thanks Alisa, I knew it wasn't recently, I just couldn't remember how far back the materials were updated to include SuperFly.

Hornet3d

Wise
Best way to find out about all this is to check the first post of the Main Notification Update thread - find the sku and then go to the thread for that sku and you'll find out exactly what was updated and when.

Product Updates - Main Notification

For the Horse, sku 10471, that will be found in numerical order here
Product Updates - Details Sku 10300-10499

Thank you for that, I did go looking for updates but real life got in the way, that makes things a lot easier.

D

Deleted member 325

@Hornet3d Really like seeing the Wildcat renders. In particular I like the one in this post:
It was a warm summer's night and the sun was sitting just above the horizon ..

View attachment 38549

Have you thought of submitting it to theSchell for his wall of fame? I am fairly certain he would enjoy seeing some of your renders with his fighters. I always wanted to do more with them myself, but the last few years have dropped a lot of distractions on me.

Hornet3d

Wise
I am still breaking my teeth on superfly having used it for less that an year after about fourteen years with firefly so I am just not very good with superfly certainly not in comparison. So this is a further attempt to rework a scene and rendered in firefly that I first created in 2015. I posted recently posted the first superfly rework render in this thread but it was a basic attempt to do a comparison. This second attempt uses what few skills I have aquired thanks to all the help from the people here at Hivewire. I have stayed with the original textures just tweaking them for superfly with the exception on Dawn, it is still derived from a firefly texture but extensive changes are need for the skin to work in superfly rather then just tweeks.

Ranger and Horse SF Rev HW.jpg

I think perhaps I should return to it in another three years.

Hornet3d

Wise
@Hornet3d Really like seeing the Wildcat renders. In particular I like the one in this post:

Have you thought of submitting it to theSchell for his wall of fame? I am fairly certain he would enjoy seeing some of your renders with his fighters. I always wanted to do more with them myself, but the last few years have dropped a lot of distractions on me.

Thank you for the comments, I do like working with the Wildcat. I never thought of submitting it to theSchell for his wall of fame as I purchased it from CP under the VanishingPoint name so I had not known there was a connection.

Miss B

CV-BEE
I have to agree with Rae, and don't get discouraged Hornet, I'm still finding times when I just can't get SuperFly to play nice, even though I've often had success with it. It just takes using it as often as possible, and tweaking as you go. Take notes as well so you don't have to rack your brain the next time you have a similar situation. That always makes things easier.

D

Deleted member 325

Thank you for the comments, I do like working with the Wildcat. I never thought of submitting it to theSchell for his wall of fame as I purchased it from CP under the VanishingPoint name so I had not known there was a connection.
Ah, ok. I often forget he has those marketed that way. I worked with him on a lot of the earlier variable fighters setting up the ERC, though I think with the wildcat I wasn't as involved for various reasons (personal health issues and out of touch in general - though I did beta test and suggest and make minor improvements). I love the variables myself. Working on a very detailed animated pose set for a transformation for them - hope to finish before end of summer.