• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Stezza

Dances with Bees
Rendered in Carrara - Basket & pigeons modeled in Carrara.

Melanie Pigeons.png

Hornet3d

Wise
much better Hornet! the horse looks more realistic now.

I have to agree with Rae, and don't get discouraged Hornet, I'm still finding times when I just can't get SuperFly to play nice, even though I've often had success with it. It just takes using it as often as possible, and tweaking as you go. Take notes as well so you don't have to rack your brain the next time you have a similar situation. That always makes things easier.

I feel the same about Iray...it takes a while to learn all about new features.

Thank you for the comments and I really must start taking notes as I often see something have corrected in superfly before but forget exactly what I did. Seeing the number of years it took me to get even a basic understanding of firefly it is not surprising I struggle with superfly at times, at least I have some renders that I like which suggest it has potential and worth any effort I put in.

Hornet3d

Wise
Ah, ok. I often forget he has those marketed that way. I worked with him on a lot of the earlier variable fighters setting up the ERC, though I think with the wildcat I wasn't as involved for various reasons (personal health issues and out of touch in general - though I did beta test and suggest and make minor improvements). I love the variables myself. Working on a very detailed animated pose set for a transformation for them - hope to finish before end of summer.

It is good to know some of the background so thanks for that. I think what I love the most with the Wildcat is just how easy it is to use despite the high level of detail and the complexity.

D

Deleted member 325

I haven't posted anything in a while...heck, haven't had a lot of time to do much lately with my fathers health issues and my own, plus trying to move.
I thought I'd share this and see if it is just me being too critical. I have been trying to come up with promos for a couple of products and have not been happy with any of my attempts this far. This is one of the many failures. It's not I think it's a bad image, I just do not like it as a promo image... I do not feel it grabs the viewer enough.

Hornet3d

Wise
I haven't posted anything in a while...heck, haven't had a lot of time to do much lately with my fathers health issues and my own, plus trying to move.
I thought I'd share this and see if it is just me being too critical. I have been trying to come up with promos for a couple of products and have not been happy with any of my attempts this far. This is one of the many failures. It's not I think it's a bad image, I just do not like it as a promo image... I do not feel it grabs the viewer enough.

I can relate to the health issues and helping others and then when I do get time I find I struggle to come up with ideas on what to render.

Far be it for me to criticise any image you produce, I think it is a great render. There is a lot going on so whether it is a good promo image depends on exactly what you are trying to promote I guess but even then, showing your product used in a full scene is often very useful.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
This is a very nice render Kage, but like you, I'm not sure if it's the type of image I'd use for a Promo. It reminds me more of the "Artistic Renders" I like to do after beta testing for some of our CAs.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
chunky up his back feet a little Stezza and he'd be perfect!

Kage, I think its an awesome render but I couldn't tell from it what product you are trying to promote maybe if the title said it was a pose I think it would work but if its for the clothing or the bike, I don't think it works for a main promo but could as an "artistic render"