• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
I am glad others chipped in with information on second skins and other named versions. I had used them way back in the past but my interest was renewed when I discovered this program I had purchased some years ago. I guessed there were other ways to do things but as I work solely with Poser I did not know about DS.

As an aside, isn't it nice to share information about different ways of doing things in different softwares without it starting a 'mine is better than yours' war.

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
nDelphi said:
>
I am into armor lately, fantasy as well as real. Here is one of my latest.
I took my inspiration from Middle Earth for this one.<

I thought that set would probably look really good over a shader. A pity that none of the promos went in tat direction (labeled "artistic render").
Which cloak is that?

nDelphi

Admirable
nDelphi said:
I thought that set would probably look really good over a shader. A pity that none of the promos went in tat direction (labeled "artistic render").
Which cloak is that?

That's the Hooded Cloak for Genesis 3. I used dirty shaders on it and two DFormers to get to look like it belongs with the armor.

Stezza

Dances with Bees
very smick nDelphi :)

The Last Jar

of Vegemite

Setup and rendered in Carrara

Hornet3d

Wise
He had got into the habit of sleeping with the panel lights on despite the shame he felt as a grown man being afraid of the dark, it made no difference the visions continued. It was always the same he would become aware of the room suddenly becoming much brighter, opening his eyes she would be there. The early hours of this morning were no different, she was there again, he closed his eyes for a moment knowing that when he opened them the light and the vision would be gone, except this morning. The light remained and grew stronger, behind his closed eyes he sensed she was calling him and the call was becoming stronger and more desperate.

The Call HW .jpg

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
LUTHIEN TINUVIEL.
Daughter of King Thingol and Melian, Luthien Tinuviel fell in love with Beren, faced Morgoth in his lair and aided Beren in removing a Silmaril from his crown. She ultimately became the first maiden of elvenkind to choose mortality, giving up her life for love thus passing beyond knowledge until the world is remade.

Tinuvial.jpg

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
I love your images Myth, they take me back to a time I'd like to visit (too much work for me to want to stay, I like my digital stuff :p)

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Thank you Rae! As I mentioned elsewhere my love of mythology (especially that of the Celts) is probably inbred and goes right back to my childhood and continues unabated to this day. Given that Tolkiens mythology was firmly rooted in northern European traditions also explains why he's by far my favourite author. As for me I can only hope to depict that in a way which connects with anyone looking at my images. That's enough to make me very happy! :snoopydances:
For anyone who wants to explore further there are some good books around (and some dire ones!) of which I can highly recommend 'Myths and Legends of the Celts' by James MacKillop (Penguin Books). Available on Kindle if you have one (and way cheaper than the hardback!). There are also quite a few ebooks available from Gutenberg Press for free which were collected during Victorian times when we first realised that there was a Celtic tradition. The free ebook reader Calibre (multi formats) is recommended. Have fun! :blossom:

Hornet3d

Wise
Thank you Rae! As I mentioned elsewhere my love of mythology (especially that of the Celts) is probably inbred and goes right back to my childhood and continues unabated to this day. Given that Tolkiens mythology was firmly rooted in northern European traditions also explains why he's by far my favourite author. As for me I can only hope to depict that in a way which connects with anyone looking at my images. That's enough to make me very happy! :snoopydances:
For anyone who wants to explore further there are some good books around (and some dire ones!) of which I can highly recommend 'Myths and Legends of the Celts' by James MacKillop (Penguin Books). Available on Kindle if you have one (and way cheaper than the hardback!). There are also quite a few ebooks available from Gutenberg Press for free which were collected during Victorian times when we first realised that there was a Celtic tradition. The free ebook reader Calibre (multi formats) is recommended. Have fun! :blossom:

The way you depict the mythology certainly connects with me and spurs on an interest which is already strong. I love Tolkien, both the books, and also the films made from the books which is quite a surprise as this is not normally the case with me.

Like you, I have found some of the books on the subject dire so thanks for the recommendation, it is one I have not read but will be heading to my Kindle before the day is out. I also agree that Calibre is certainly worth the download.

For anyone who wants to explore further there are some good books around
Do you have 'The Irish Mythological Cycle and Celtic Mythology" by de Jubainville? There is a recent translation in publication I've been thinking about getting.
The reviews on it are few, and don't seem to make sense. It's partly history, or maybe it really is history. If you've read it I'd like your opinion of it.
A lot of what de Jubainville has written is available at Project Gutenberg in the original French, but I don't speak French.
I like your Celtic Mythology scenes a lot. I'm celt also, Welsh/Irish on both sides, and both sides are Welsh/Irish on both sides.
Pure barbarian!