• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

quietrob

Extraordinary
Dark Escape
The curtains flew then he appeared, saying don't be afraid, don't fear the reaper

...Love of two is one
Here but now they're gone
Came the last night of sadness
And it was clear she couldn't go on
Then the door was open and the wind appeared
The candles blew then disappeared
The curtains flew then he appeared, saying don't be afraid
Come on baby, and she had no fear
And she ran to him, then they started to fly
They looked backward and said goodbye, she had become like they are
She had taken his hand, she had become like they are
Come on baby, don't fear the reaper
~Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear The Reaper ~

Had this ticking along at the back of my mind for a long time now so finally sat down, put the song on and did it lol
Replying because for some reason this thread stop appearing in my watch list.

And second because...because...

This song needs more cowbell.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
DANU. Probably the most enigmatic figure in Celtic mythology given that so little is known about her. Mother-earth goddess, especially to the Tuatha De Danaan (People of the Goddess Danu). Her name is given to the River Danube and may mean ‘mother of the land’.

Danu - FF.jpg

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Thank you Pen and Dakorillon! The info is the sum total of our knowledge about her despite the fact that she was worshipped by Celts throughout the ancient world which makes her all the more interesting! Her hair is Misty Veil by Valea and dates back to 2006. One of my favourites because it stands up well besides more modern products and is happily still available. :thankyou2:

Hornet3d

Wise
DANU. Probably the most enigmatic figure in Celtic mythology given that so little is known about her. Mother-earth goddess, especially to the Tuatha De Danaan (People of the Goddess Danu). Her name is given to the River Danube and may mean ‘mother of the land’.

View attachment 24236

Fantastic render, Celtic mythology is a rich source of stories for renders such as this and your render portrays this so well.

Mythocentric

Extraordinary
Thank you everyone! Celtic mythology holds a great fascination for me and I've studied it all of my adult life, especially the Irish Cycles. What I love most of all is the Celtic mindset, probably from my mothers (Irish) side of the family, that they were a part of the land and the land was part of them. To them that made their gods real people, just as they were. Danu in particular represents that view. There are no myths or stories about her but she lives in every story they passed down! :thankyou2:

Hornet3d

Wise
She was a close to the edge as she wanted to be, almost over it in fact, but she need to understand the target before she called in the attack. As it was there was a number of dangers, she shuddered at the thought the ground could give way beneath her and there was always the danger she would be discovered. Even if she survived the immediate threat she still needed to find enough time to escape.

Dominator out post HW.jpg

Hornet3d

Wise
Thank you everyone! Celtic mythology holds a great fascination for me and I've studied it all of my adult life, especially the Irish Cycles. What I love most of all is the Celtic mindset, probably from my mothers (Irish) side of the family, that they were a part of the land and the land was part of them. To them that made their gods real people, just as they were. Danu in particular represents that view. There are no myths or stories about her but she lives in every story they passed down! :thankyou2:

I have always had an interest but I can't profess to have gone into it in any depth. In my case the Irish connection is on my father's side.

I don't remember tales of Danu, but I remember the story of Deirdre.