• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Hornet3d

Wise
@Hornet3d ,works out daily, you could say. She leads the Queen's guard in a post apocalyptic version of Iceland. (2250 AD)

There's a whole backstory for it, including why people have reverted to the use of Medieval weaponry.

One of Zeddicus' poses, slightly modified. :)

I am glad I am not the only one that has a backstory for the figures I create, the backstory here sounds very interesting.

scatha

Adventurous
In my character's world, oil became obsolete (Iceland is one of the few countries on the planet that runs on 100% renewable energy, even in our time.) Personal shields made fire arms redundant, hence why almost every warrior now uses blades, firearms trigger the shield due to velocity of the bullet, this is how swords, bodyarmor and crossbows came back into fashion.

Oh... humans have been experimenting with genetic modification, eradicating birth defects and increasing lifespan (cells regenerate much longer). Sif is a modified human, or Meta-human.

Hornet3d

Wise
In my character's world, oil became obsolete (Iceland is one of the few countries on the planet that runs on 100% renewable energy, even in our time.) Personal shields made fire arms redundant, hence why almost every warrior now uses blades, firearms trigger the shield due to velocity of the bullet, this is how swords and crossbows came back into fashion.

Oh... humans have been experimenting with genetic modification, eradicating birth defects and increasing lifespan (cells regenerate much longer). Sif is a modified human, or Meta-human.

Very believable and I love the concept and it gives you a wide field in which to base your renders.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Thanks, great character (looks like she works out on a regular basis) and would look totally at home in scenes of many different genre.
You took the words right out of my mouth Hornet. She has nice muscular definition, and a pretty face. :)

scatha

Adventurous
I am glad I am not the only one that has a backstory for the figures I create, the backstory here sounds very interesting.

The large cataclysm was an EMP-bomb, rendering most technology inert. Renewable energy sources are easier to fix, once you have the know-how. I've created an entire country for my backstory.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
Oh I'm sure. I've never had much luck trying to texture a character, and really don't want to drive myself crazy attempting it again. ;)

Here's a sneak preview of SM_Jazz Piano. Louise is excited about her new keyboard.

Lyne

Distinguished
HW Honey Bear
Dancing with a Dragon
View media item 2794Inspired by a beautifully shot Russian film I saw a while ago about a princess who fell in love with a man who would turn into a dragon. While "gypsy" isn't exactly "Russian," it was the closest I had, and I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out; so much so that I went back and re-rendered it in Ultra-HD widescreen format. That was of course too big to upload here, but if you want to see it, it is: User Galleries | DAZ 3D Gallery | 3D Models and 3D Software by Daz 3D
No Postwork.

STUNNING! WORTH CLICKING/VISIT TO 'ORIGINAL!'!

Hornet3d

Wise
Thanks Rae, glad you like it, hope it brought nice memories back for you

Did a little bit more on it today.. new wheels ( what a PITA ) some wiper blades and windscreen divider.. that's it for today :)
Rendered in Carrara

That is looking good, great work.