• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
And I just realized that I haven't actually uploaded any images to this thread yet! Sheesh. LOL

So... here's a couple of my non-HW images. :) I know I usually end up posting things in this thread because the vast bulk of what I render is non-HW figures, but every so often I get one that mixes it up a little bit.

The first one here has an M4 and a V4 in the foreground; the background is Dusk, Dawn, and Luna. Done back in September... combination of rendered DOF with some hand-adjusted DOF tweaks...

Oh No You Don't!

Littlefoot-Mall.jpg

And this one is the constantly mentioned "Aftermath" image that comes out as my example of just what my pc can handle, and what DS is able to render for me, whereas Poser could not even handle the scene above with Dusk and Dawn (I had to rebuild it and render it in DS to get it done.)

Aftermath - This one uses 1 Mike3, 1 Vicky 4, 2 Mike 4's, and 6 Genesis 1's... and tons and tons and tons of props and background fillers in addition to Stonemason's warehouse. 3Delight render, DOF camera, 11 DS native spotlights, 4 DS native point lights, and 1 AOA Advanced Ambient light as a fill light... there are clothing items in here that age all the way back to the Generation 2's and 3's... LOL

Aftermath

Aftermath.jpg

And this one is still one of my favorites for Blake and Hannah, even though it was rendered a long time before I re-made Hannah's skin texture and fixed the size of her spots... Lyne's elk is in this (ghosted), an older bear model from the Vicky2 era is in this (also ghosted), and a whole ton of plants and such. Both Blake and Hannah are Genesis 1 models.

Footsteps in the Woods

BlakeWoods2.jpg

This one was just a sort of "play" image... it was done as an artistic example type render for my Christmas sweater. I used a G2F for this one, my christmas sweater, and a whole ton of Ron's brushes and plants and what-not. Not one of my better pieces, I think, but I kinda like how the snowy/wintery stuff came out.

Let It Snow

Let-It-Snow.jpg

And this was another RP storyline related image. The little baby Ent and the girl are both Genesis 1's... the baby Ent is a huge, huge, massive kit-bash of a thing to get her made and put together. There is stuff on that little sapling that dates all the way back to Vicky 3! LOL

Some postwork - hand edited some of the rendered DOF, did some color correction, dirt brushes of Ron's were used, little stuff like that...

Stefanie Lightfoot : Tree People 2

Playmates-HW.jpg

And last one. ;) This was my play with Alessandro's DS-version wolf model... I've been itching to do something like this for years, and it simply wasn't possible until he finally released his wolves! I know it probably doesn't look like it because of the animals being the focus of it, but this is actually yet another RP storyline-based render...

Lots and lots of postwork on this one... LOTS of postwork. And that's actually the Terradome2 that I used for the landscape... yes, I made it work inside of Studio! :)

Winter Wolves

Winter Wolves.jpg

Last edited:

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
how did you do the ghosted animals? (if you don't mind me asking) I love that idea :)

All of them are great pieces of art!

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
how did you do the ghosted animals? (if you don't mind me asking) I love that idea :)

All of them are great pieces of art!

The ghosted animals? I turned off a lot of the interior geometry - things like teeth, eyeballs, tongue sections, etc. Turned off the visibility for those parts.

Then I ripped all of the texture maps completely off of the models, set everything to white, and fiddled with the opacity sliders quite a bit. I think Lyne's elk I ended up using like a 40-45% opacity, and the bear I ended up using about 30% or so, because I wanted to have the elk "ghost" and the background visible through the bear as well.

I did also add a little bit of mesh smoothing, and convert the models to sub-d for the render. I know it doesn't look like that had much effect on the render, but it really did do quite a bit to smooth out the older animal models.

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thank you Seliah, I think I can handle that :D (until I have to hehehe)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
You're welcome. ;) It's not hard to do, just turning things off and changing opacity. LOL I did it that way as a solution for this image because I didn't yet have the pwEffects shaders. Even though I have those shaders now, there are still times where doing the "ghosting" with this method is preferable.

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Cool renders Seliah...I think my favourites are aftermath, stephanie lightfoot and the wolves.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Cool renders Seliah...I think my favourites are aftermath, stephanie lightfoot and the wolves.

Hehe... I am very, very happy with how Stefanie's picture came out! I spent WAY too much time playing with set dressing and making that little baby Ent, but it was SO worth it! LOL :D

Aftermath was funny... yes, it's an RP/storyline render... but when I made that, it was literally an acid test... I wanted to see how far I could push DS before it threw the "Nuh uh I'm not rendering that, are you nuts, woman?!" temper tantrum. It never did throw that fit on that image... it actually rendered the whole thing in about 2 1/2 hours.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
FL, That's a nice render. The Mil3's really were nice figures in their time. I still use them for certain of my characters, actually.

I like the texture work here on her skin. And I like the expression in her eyes, too. Nice work. :)

JOdel

Dances with Bees
HW Honey Bear
Very. I'm always on the lookout for aged textures. Most of the characters I illustrate tend to be either old people or kids.