• Welcome to the Community Forums at HiveWire 3D! Please note that the user name you choose for our forum will be displayed to the public. Our store was closed as January 4, 2021. You can find HiveWire 3D and Lisa's Botanicals products, as well as many of our Contributing Artists, at Renderosity. This thread lists where many are now selling their products. Renderosity is generously putting products which were purchased at HiveWire 3D and are now sold at their store into customer accounts by gifting them. This is not an overnight process so please be patient, if you have already emailed them about this. If you have NOT emailed them, please see the 2nd post in this thread for instructions on what you need to do

I Just Wanted to Post an Image Thread

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Really cool renders all! Love your flirty gals JV!
Here is a rare non-HiveWire image from me:) Had to grab the new Wolf 2 for Poser by AM. A quick play with it here in P11 using Firefly.

Laurie

AWolfInWinter.jpg

That looks great CWRW! Did you try the superfly engine by any chance? I have been debating on buying this myself and how nice your render looks has made up my mind for me.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
That looks great CWRW! Did you try the superfly engine by any chance? I have been debating on buying this myself and how nice your render looks has made up my mind for me.

Thanks all!
Yes I did try it as a Superfly render for grins to see what would happen. The dynamic hair looked pretty awful/weird. Could have been the lights I was using- def made for Firefly renders. I used Fabiana's wonderful Warm N Soul "Moon 01-R" and added another rim light. I altered the colors on the rim lights as they were too saturated.

Pen- the only postwork was the background, Ron's snow brushes, and "smoke" brushes for his "breath". The wolf render is untouched.

Miss B

Drawing Life 1 Pixel at a Time
CV-BEE
STUNNING!!! That's about the only word I could think of that fits that render Laurie . . . just stunning!!!

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
Pen- the only postwork was the background, Ron's snow brushes, and "smoke" brushes for his "breath". The wolf render is untouched.

Thanks for the info Laurie...I thought the snow was postworked and wasn't sure if there was any on the wolf as I know you do postwork your images I thought I'd check. It certainly is a beautiful wolf...

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Really cool renders all! Love your flirty gals JV!
Here is a rare non-HiveWire image from me:) Had to grab the new Wolf 2 for Poser by AM. A quick play with it here in P11 using Firefly.

Laurie

Oh, he looks great in Poser! I was so glad to see Alessandro working on a Poser solution to his lovely furs for this critter.

I like the colors here very much, Laurie. Beautiful piece.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Thanks for the info Laurie...I thought the snow was postworked and wasn't sure if there was any on the wolf as I know you do postwork your images I thought I'd check. It certainly is a beautiful wolf...

He is quite good without postwork. I would probably do some postwork tweaking here and there on the actual wolf on a more finished piece. This really was a "quick study".

Pendraia

Sage
Contributing Artist
lol...I knew you would for a finished render. You're a perfectionist and have the skills to do it.

CWRW

Extraordinary
HW3D Exclusive Artist
Oh, he looks great in Poser! I was so glad to see Alessandro working on a Poser solution to his lovely furs for this critter.

I like the colors here very much, Laurie. Beautiful piece.

Thanks Seliah! I wouldn't have known he had done him for Poser if I hadn't seen his post for it in the Facebook group Poser Creations. I didn't think anyone at Daz was doing Poser work anymore. I rarely shop there anymore. Very glad that Allesandro decided to do a Poser version! I do use Daz Studio but not anywhere as much as I use Poser for my own personal artwork.

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Thanks Seliah! I wouldn't have known he had done him for Poser if I hadn't seen his post for it in the Facebook group Poser Creations. I didn't think anyone at Daz was doing Poser work anymore. I rarely shop there anymore. Very glad that Allesandro decided to do a Poser version! I do use Daz Studio but not anywhere as much as I use Poser for my own personal artwork.

Alessandro was at one point trying to figure out a way to make LAMH work inside of Poser. I don't think he's managed that yet, but he made it a point to work up a Poser-fur (I think it uses the dynamic hair, IIRC?) version of the wolf. I suspect that he might have recognized the need/desire for a good, muchly updated, wolf model on both sides of the hobby when he was doing his wolf models. Or maybe he was experimenting with doing his animal furs via the Poser dynamic hairs as a possible solution to the lack of LAMH on the Poser side of things.

His animals are wonderful. I think I own almost his entire store at this point. He's one of those folks that I buy from a lot. :laugh: I keep crossing my fingers and hoping he'll tackle a badger and a wolverine at some point... he would be the one to do it, he doesn't much care what animals are "popular," he does what he likes to do. LOL

Rae134

Renowned
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Why don't you ask him Seliah? The worst he can do is say No :D and you never know, it might give him inspiration for something he may not have thought of before :)

Seliah (Childe of Fyre)

Running with the wolves.
CV-BEE
Contributing Artist
Why don't you ask him Seliah? The worst he can do is say No :D and you never know, it might give him inspiration for something he may not have thought of before :)

I probably will at some point... just not right now while I've got so many different WIP's all going. LOL